Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
38 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 38

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Warning: Avoid Mike Chirco, Tucson Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Sports fans, it pains me to post this, because last October, Mike Chirco sent me a pair of the right parts promptly. Mike's been running Tucson Packard the past couple years for long ailing dad Sandy, who i and others have bought from going back 45 years without a hitch. This is disturbing and baffling because when I last spoke with Mike several weeks ago, you couldn't ask for a brighter, more empathic fellow.

Again, this is not an easy post for me. In 50 years Packarding, have never had an experience like this. But because I included Tucson in a short list of Packard suppliers on these forums, believe it's right to now warn you.

My vendor list has become short simply as we've found when one of them doesn't have the needed item, another does.

Held off posting this an entire month-plus after repeated calls, emails, texts to Mike Chirco fruitless.

Posted on: Today 17:40
 Top  Print   

Re: Warning: Avoid Mike Chirco, Tucson Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
You don’t say what the problem is. And I’m sure Mike can post his side of it.

Posted on: Today 17:57
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Orange-Lark
See User information
I do notice the reviews on Google Map seem to be overwhelmingly negative....

Posted on: Today 18:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Bkazmer, didn't think chapter and verse necessary, and cursory Googling would've revealed what Orange-Lark reports. Reread my post.

You imagine i share this lightly after half a century of good experiences with vendors across the nation?

Two months waiting for parts Mike said he had long enough:

"I've been busy, they'll go out tomorrow....next week....Saturday....this Wednesday..."

If, Bkazmer, you don't believe the many with bad experiences -- including other vendors who will not do business with Mike Chirco even with a cash in advance policy --

order something from him yourself.

Posted on: Today 18:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I buy a lot of parts from Mike and have even visited Tuscon Packards in person a couple times. Mike is indeed a little slow at times as he's doing all the work himself. He does have hired helpers on occasion for physical labor and his brother nearby handles shipping but otherwise he's on his own. Another dealer has occasionally ghosted me for months at a time but I typically get responses from Mike right away, even late at night, via texting which is his and my own preferred way to communicate. He is not good with email.

Posted on: Today 18:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved