Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 183

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Pebble Beach Aug 18, 2024 Packard Featured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
With Packard celebrating 125 years as one of the featured marques, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is happening on August 18, 2024 and we will be there as we live nearby.

We’ll also be attending the Concours d’Lemón in Seaside the day before which is a wonder and free show of oddball cars and trucks.

Posted on: 7/23 14:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Pebble Beach Aug 18, 2024 Packard Featured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Looking forward to the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance tomorrow but today was a fun show in Seaside, California of the Concours d’Lemons. Our neighbor was there with his Edsel station wagon and there were some cars that seemed amazing they ran and could drive at all! My 1951 Henney-Packard would fit in perfectly. However, no Packards and I saw no PAC people as I did in 2022 when there last.

Our neighbor with his Edsel beside a very nice 1957 Lincoln Capri convertible
Click to see original Image in a new window

A very unusual 1969 Subaru what was sold here briefly, then discontinued. Most were taken back and scrapped but a few survived.

This hood ornament on a Studebaker pickup rather surprised me as at first I thought it was a late ‘40s or early ‘50s Ford ornament grafted on. Looking closely, it was clearly made for it but looked very much like the 22nd series Packard Egyptian ornament.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Don, thank you very much for the images. Exactly what you would expect under the heading “Pebble Beach Aug 18, 2024 Packard Featured”.
I particularly liked the Subaru 360 Super Deluxe. You shouldn't deprive the audience of the shiny patent leather. Do you happen to know the function of these two levers? Maybe you can use it to open the trunk lid and the hood. However, I suspect that this activates the hydraulic tilting device on models with a loading area and deploys the braking parachute.

Posted on: Today 0:19
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The Subaru did have four-wheel torsion bar suspension! As for the heading, I’m surprised there has been no mention at all of Packard’s 125 anniversary and Pebble Beach having it as a featured marque so trying to get some kind - any kind - of response!

No idea what the levers are for as I didn’t look inside other than a glance. It was also left hand drive for the American market. Apparently there is a YouTube video of this specific car but I’ve not had time to look it up.

Posted on: Today 1:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved