Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
48 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 1950 packard 288 engine just rebuilt now has water in the oil
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Slatewood
See User information
Sorry I wanted to get that sent so it would not time out. I pulled the pump and brought it back to my place to install a gasket and stop the leak. Plan on going back in the morning and raising the air pressure to 60 PSI. Dave has a friend with a shop that repairs and leak test blocks and uses 60 PSI to check them at. We are at a loss and thought for sure we would find something leaking Today. We are spraying everything in the valve area and anywhere that could leak into the oil. Dave would not have believed me if I didn't take the drain pan with all the water in it to show him a week ago. If anyone has a idea where to look or what we could have missed please let me know, we dont think 10 PSI more will make a difference.

Posted on: Yesterday 19:01
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950 packard 288 engine just rebuilt now has water in the oil
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Did you rotate the crank to different position. Retest every 90 degrees so make sure a single piston rings are not sealing a pin hole bore defect in one positon.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved