Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 206

Larry Reber, Charles, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Paper Air Cleaner?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'll stay with the oil bath every time. As Randy points out they are most effective. Not as ez as paper to maintane but alot cheaper.

Posted on: 2010/6/23 22:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
One downside of oil bath is collection of moisture and water in the bottom of the oil reservoir. It needs to be checked every 6 months or so of daily driving condition or as envioronment experience dictates. I've seen a few oil baths with rusty reservoirs that leak oil.

Posted on: 2010/6/23 22:57
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Kevin AZ. How much does that KN paper filter element cost every time u have to replace it????? And how often do u have to replace it living out there in the desert????

Posted on: 2010/6/23 23:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Keith.........I don't remember what it cost me and I've only put about 100 miles on the car in the last few weeks. The filter still looks good obviously, but here in the desert I change the air filters on my Silverado & Suburban every 8-10k. It is very dusty here and I always try to always change fluids and other items at the 'extreme' threshold recommedations, but I'll have to find my way with the Packard and I'll monitor closely. I've kept the old element and can use it later should opinions or functionality sway me in the opposite direction.

BTW...the car is now 98 % done. The trunk will be done next week & then my 10 year resto journey will be over for a while. She is running well & the TL ride is wonderful!

kg

Attach file:

jpg  (140.63 KB)
20_4c230182928e4.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (147.55 KB)
20_4c230195bbbb1.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/6/24 1:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Years ago I had a 1966 Corvair Monza Coupe. It came with an optional oil bath air cleaner. The air would first pass through the oil bath then on through the standard pleated paper filter. The paper filter element would last for years, and I drove this car a lot. The local Chevrolet dealer ordered Corvairs with this optional equipment because of the dusty air in the Southwest.

P.S. I keep the center part of the oil bath air cleaners on my Packards so they can be easily changed back to original.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/6/24 9:42
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave Harrison
See User information
Kevin,
Congratulations with the car she looks fantastic... my question is fron the pics your front marker lights (sidelights in England) appear to be on with your headlights..? on mine the sidelights come on with first pull of the switch then go off when the headlights come on with second pull of the switch. Have you modified your wiring...? I have been meaning to change this on mine by addition of a relay but haven't got around to it yet.
Regards,
Dave.

Posted on: 2010/6/24 9:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I can't thank you enough for the explanation. To know why is more important than knowing what the original choice was--at least IMHO.....

Posted on: 2010/6/24 11:14
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Packard Dave UK,

I thought I wired things as I was supposed to? The running lights (side markers) on my Packard come on when the headlights are operational. Did I error?

Posted on: 2010/7/4 20:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think the question is the parking lights. Those normally are on only in the first or park position but yours are on with the headlights. Must be the new Painless loom.

Posted on: 2010/7/4 21:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Yes sir it is..............the painless wiring system......btw RE: the painless systems........i had to throw a 30 amp fuse into the fuse block.......when I attempted to close the windows, two buttons at a time I would pop the fuse.........

Posted on: 2010/7/4 21:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved