Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: 1947 Super Custom Fog lights
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Fred, AAHA! Then the mats were probably sold by you to the 3rd owner who did a mild restoration about this time.

Voila! I just had to go out and check the light around the base using a small mirror and the logo "CM HALL" is just where you said it would be. How's that for being obsessive? Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/11/27 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Obsessive, me or you??

Posted on: 2010/11/27 17:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Obviously me. I'm the one crawling around in a cold, dark garage with a trouble light and a mirror looking under a fog light!

Posted on: 2010/11/27 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Here are a couple of pics of a new original set I have. Definately C M Hall.

Attach file:

jpg  (80.81 KB)
6_4cf28acb42fde.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (51.42 KB)
6_4cf28aee9cb83.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2010/11/28 12:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
On the box it says "Road Light". Does it cast a fog light type beam or a standard road lite or driving lite type beam?????

Or to put it another way, i would expect the box to say "Fog Light" not just "Road Light" if it indeed casts a fog pattern beam.

Posted on: 2010/11/28 14:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Probably need to write Packard Motor Car Company about how they listed the lamps. They have amber bulbs.

Posted on: 2010/11/28 18:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Color of the bulb, beam or lens doesn't matter. A fog lite casts a conspicuously different beam of lite than does a driving lite, or road lite or any other kind of lite.

Let me put it another way, a fog lite produces a beam of lite that is unique to a lite that would be refered to as a Fog lite.

Posted on: 2010/11/28 20:32
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I have a set of these lights on my '47 with the amber bulbs. I would say that the light pattern is not like what I would call a fog light as the beam pattern is very round. They do not have the very defined flat at the top cut-off beam characteristic of better quality fog lights (Lucas, Bosch, Hella, Cibie etc.) so I guess Packard's description as "Road Lights" is probably correct since they would make poor foglights or even for that matter driving lights. They are more cosmetic than useful IMO.

Posted on: 2010/11/28 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I have seen a few exceptions. But by and large and for the most part, any fog lite, sealed beam, bulb, or lens that is a true fog lite will be LABELED as such. That is to say that the word "FOG" will appear on the bulb, sealed beam and in some cases lenses usualy as permanantly embossed or cast into the part or sometimes just rubber stamped.

Sealed beam Fog carries a special number. I'll try to look ti up.

Posted on: 2010/11/28 21:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Hard to tell exactly what they are supposed to do from the description but if it's wide and penetrating, guess you have the real deal. In my way of thinking, there should be two type lamps, low mount and amber for fog as PV8 has noted and clear and higher up for better visibility for the road part. Packard was apparently ahead of the times with "one type fits all".

Attach file:

jpg  (31.79 KB)
209_4cf30e0fa5d05.jpg 368X615 px

Posted on: 2010/11/28 21:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved