Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 211

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

StaBil Ethanol Treatment--Opinions?
Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Just curious if anyone has used this product. What does it really treat with the ethanol?

Posted on: 2011/5/16 11:59
 Top  Print   

Re: StaBil Ethanol Treatment--Opinions?
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I use StaBil in my Packards. They may be inoperable for up to three months at a time, so I feel the need to treat the gas. Austin has up to 10% ethanol mixed with its gasoline. So far I have had no bad fuel problems. I recommend its use.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/5/16 12:14
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I store all my gas with Stabil over the winter months. My Packard is stored for 6 months of the year with a full tank of 5% ethanol gas. It starts and runs as good as ever after winter storage so I believe Stabil is a good product.

Posted on: 2011/5/16 15:38

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I have used Stabil for several years in my Packard as I store it with a full tank of gas. It fires up in the Spring and runs well on that tankful. I think it is a good product, but it may not work with the new 15% ethanol we are going to be forced to buy shortly.

Posted on: 2011/5/16 16:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'd agree with the others. The regular product is a good one. If you are asking about their new product specifically for ethanol, I don't see anything it would do for us the regular one does not. The way I read their description, it's more for modern ongoing daily drivers. Their regular product does say it will work with E85 and also is for long term storage which should cover anything we use.

- Works safely and effectively in all gasoline's including ethanol-blended fuel up to E85
- Removes water to prevent corrosion and cleans carburetors and fuel injectors
- Protects engine from gum, varnish, rust, and corrosion
- Prolongs engine life
- Eliminates the need to drain fuel before storage

Posted on: 2011/5/16 16:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved