Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 223

Packard Don, Bingo, Out Islander, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: brake switch to abs master cylinder with electric pump
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Very nice. I didn't realize the bar had that much of an original bend.

Was the cylinder bracket part of the kit or one you made? Had not realized that system needed a large bracket. Somehow I had envisioned it was bolted directly to the toe board like the BTV -- just needing relocated holes like the vacuum boosters several of the guys have done.

Posted on: 2012/3/13 20:54
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
no that is their bracket ,i had to cut the part off to make it go into reverse but it is a pretty stout bracket it has a small pivot point and the rod that connects to the stock pedal

Posted on: 2012/3/13 21:00
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
pictures of calipers and disk conversion
#1 view of overall disk and caliper cotter pin was to big and caused damage to dust cap had to use a smaller one after calling abs to check for larger cap he told me it was probably the cotter pin new cap will be ordered
#2 view from front showing old packard bolt on bottom with castle nut to secure steering arm and abs bolt and spacer at top
#3 showing back view showing packard bolt on bottom with steering stop and if you look at the casting you will notice righ cast in the back of the calliper that does include the t and yes the calliper stamped right is on the left side abs said this was the solution as i called them and they said as long as the bleeder is on top we are good
#4 view from front
#5 location of master cyl remote fill bottle

Attach file:

jpg  (102.95 KB)
2263_4f625ff0a0ab6.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (114.09 KB)
2263_4f62601e727ce.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (134.14 KB)
2263_4f626045c5273.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (110.07 KB)
2263_4f626067406cb.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (129.54 KB)
2263_4f62608076dda.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/3/15 16:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Nice setup. Looks like a relatively simple conversion.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 17:11
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
thank you sir ,it has been simple in that it has not needed a lot of modification .
but ABS needs to improve their instructions ,i am sending pics to them for that purpose i hope they use them. overall i am happy with their product and will let you guys know this spring when we are on the road.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 18:56
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
I went to mount the rim to the drum just to make sure it would fit and it does not ,
the bolt pattern is a 5 x4 3/4 and 5 x4 1/2 is the original size. a call to Memo the tech guy at ABS powerbrake solved it and the correct size with new bearings and dust caps are on the way, that is good customer service just wanted to add that after my previous ranting on them thank you ABS.

Posted on: 2012/3/20 10:48
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved