Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Dealership post
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Tolandis--please repost that in the photo section, as big a file as you can.

Posted on: 2008/6/13 9:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
tell me where to go and how big, and how to do, and will get it done.

Posted on: 2008/6/13 10:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Well, scan the image at the original size (this is a postcard, right?) go to the "Packard picture" section of the main menu box on the left hand side, click on "submit", select "Packard dealerships" (might be "dealers") or "1956" and then secect that image via the "browse" box, download, then tell us you did.
It's a half toned image so the dots are pretty hard to get around, perhaps a program like BH suggests can clean that up.

Posted on: 2008/6/13 11:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Done. Picture somewhat better. Again if you want me to add any history let me know. And I will also talk with my friend about his time spent at the dealership. Thanks Todd. Now, if I can just get my overdrive working.

Posted on: 2008/6/14 1:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I have been having some problems posting a photo of my father's Santa Fe, New Mexico, Packard dealership and descriptive text. I followed the instructions given above and was successful in getting the photo posted through the Packard Pictures; however, it does not appear in the Packard Dealers section. When trying to post directly on the Packard Dealers Add A Dealer, the submittal is refused with a message that the "250" has been exceeded. I have tried with photo and descriptive text and with photo only. The photo is small, about 75kb. Any suggestions? I would really like to have his dealership included. The photo is being displayed in the Random Photo/Recent Photo section. Thanks - John

Posted on: 2008/6/14 10:10
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The current dealer module only supports picture that are less than 250 x 250 pixels wide. Hence another reason why I want just write my own module so I can eliminate those issues.

I hope to have this done in the next couple of weeks as time permits. But it will allow people to add additional content to the dealers already listed, as well as additional pictures.

If it works like I hope it will then I will take some of those new feature and add them to the Owners Registry so you can add additonal pictures.

Posted on: 2008/6/14 11:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
Another trick for scanning in images from printed literature is to scan it in at an angle. Just place it on the glass crooked. It won't get rid of the morie completely, but it helps. Plus if you see ghosted images of what is on the reverse of your original on your scan. Place a black/dark card or something on the back when you scan it. The light from the scanner won't bounce back through the paper and show the ghost.

Posted on: 2008/6/14 22:28
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Ok I just put up a new dealer area. I still need to do some work on it. But now Users can add new Dealers, and also add additional Historical Information Entries to existing dealers. The software will remember what entries you added, so you can even go back and edit them, and also delete them if you choose.

The main dealer information (Name, address, etc) can not be re-edited at this time. But I may put something in later just for that. So for right now I will have to make the change to that area if edits are required.

Currently the only thing that I am aware of that is not working is the adding pictures to the Historical entries. I hope to have that working soon.

It borrows code from the both the Owners Registry and the Model Info pages. I like to recycle code where I can. I also imported all the old data in the new format.

Let me know what you folks think.

thanks,

Posted on: 2008/6/16 0:25
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
One more note on this, the Dealer List is now sorted in the following manner:

Country > State > City

This should make it easier to browse the list.

I will also add a sort option as soon as I can so you can sort by Dealer Name, Last Updated, etc.

It will also now take bigger pics. It automatically creates thumbnails for the Dealer List, and displays the picture at 400x400 (aspect ratio maintained) when a particular Dealer is viewed. If you click on that picture, it will then view the picture at the original size. (Similar to how to Photo Archive works).

More updates to come, but for now I am calling it a night as I have another business trip to pack for...I'm off to Atlanta for a few days.

Posted on: 2008/6/16 1:14
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well folks I havent heard any comments back about the Dealers area so I will assume the format is ok.

Also I finished making some final changes and now you can add pictures the Historical Entries. The first entry added to a Dealer that contains a picture will become the default picture for that dealer.

So if you have any information on any dealers not listed, or would like to add information to one of the existing dealers, then please feel free to add it!

If you find anything that doesnt work right, please let me know.

Posted on: 2008/6/28 16:12
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved