Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
80 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 79

West Peterson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Value of a 1956 executive sedan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Andy -

Glad to hear that no one was injured. However, I hope that you don't let the rear-end collision to your daily driver end your pursuit of this Exec, but only delay it, if possible, until you sort things out.

A driver that hit you in the rear-end is at-fault; hold his/her insurance company's feet to the fire on this. Mind you, that's assuming the other driver is insured; if not, I hope you have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 20:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
As a price alternative, you might go on EbaY and see what recent cars have actually sold for. You must be signed in to access this info, under advanced search....

It is also an interesting barometer of what cars are not selling for....

Posted on: 2013/7/9 20:22
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Rear end collisions are tricky. By that I mean, you may all feel fine for the first few days but slowly find that painfull things were done and your bodies are just coming up out of shock. We are wired that way from the time when we were NOT at the top of the food chain but listed under "appetizers" on some other creatures menus.

Don't sign anything until a couple of weeks have gone by and your doctors say you are OK.

No, I'm not a lawyer, but a graduate of bitter experience.

For the future - on that '56 - the driveway that it's sitting on looks to be a little off which might contribute to the way she is sitting.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 23:43
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Quote:
Make sure you ask about the pushbutton unit being rebuilt and if there is a receipt. If not, that is at least $500

Give me the name of the owner(s) and I can tell you whether or not I rebuilt the pushbuttons.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 8:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Totally off-topic, but that color combination is stunning, IMHO.

Craig, isn't your '55 Pat the same color scheme? I've always liked yours, too...

Posted on: 2013/7/10 9:52
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andy 41 Clipper
See User information
Thanks again guys for the advice! Unfortunately I have to pass I am buying a new car tonight to replace the one in the accident and I need to use the funds I was going to use for the Packard towards this new car I use it for my business so it is a necessity. But here is the link to the CL add incase anyone else is interested. More pics have been added to the ad.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/3923348379.html

Posted on: 2013/7/10 10:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
She is down at the head in all exterior shots so my driveway comment is all wet (unfortunately).

Posted on: 2013/7/10 11:16
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
If I was younger and the car was as good as it looks, I would buy it in a minute. Original interior looks very good.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 15:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
In 40 years of ogling Packards, I have never seen a Mojave Tan and Dover White Executive. I really like it. Don't find the price bad if it runs and shifts OK. Torsion level problems are trivial in comparison and should not sour a sale.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 20:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Just talked to the owner about the car. He said that he is the 4th owner and that the he doesn't have the time or funds to completely restore the car but wants it to go to someone who will. He said that it runs smooth and the transmission had been rebuilt recently. That's a little concerning since it is a Twin-Ultramatic. The car does have a couple of rust 'bubbles' in the paint (under the front door and ahead of a rear wheel, I think). He also said that he didn't want to cause any damage to the interior fabric, so he is very careful when he sits and drives the car.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 21:46
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved