Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 64

DaveJr, kunzea, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: AC line routing.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Well, right or wrong this is my version of a drivers side compressor mount. Since I didn't have a Packard reference to go by, decided my main criteria would be keeping the drivers side of engine more or less as Packard built it. Only significant change was moving the oil filter down and back an inch. Also wanted to be able to remove the thermostat without having to unbolt and move the compressor.

That last little annoyance was required with the old repro prewar bracket. Don't know how they missed it on the 53-4 version but resurrected it on the V8 mount. IMHO, not one of Packards better ideas.

Believe this to be a final version but decided to keep it bolted rather than welded in case changes were needed. Just awaiting the tubing to arrive for the next step. Will get that all finished and see how things look before removing the remainder of the passenger side mount.

Attach file:

jpg  (143.95 KB)
209_531632b63b394.jpg 1200X1050 px

Posted on: 2014/3/4 15:18
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: AC line routing.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Most of the tubing has arrived so time to fabricate some needed mounts. Lines will use ordinary cushioned clamps along the body or frame for the most part.

There will be some limitations with the modern premade line but was wondering if the line just bent 90 degrees after a regular clamp or was there a special more rigid mounting piece in the circled areas at the firewall where line transitions into the flexible portion to compressor.

Any description on the mounting and how far the hard line extends off the firewall or better yet, photos of how Packard did the change would be most appreciated.

Attach file:

jpg  (91.08 KB)
209_531b45b230295.jpg 1196X472 px

jpg  (58.54 KB)
209_531b45bbe2337.jpg 1023X512 px

Posted on: 2014/3/8 11:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved