Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 210

Packard Don, Charles, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 2126 interior coming together........finally
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I haven't seem a LWB back seat to know if it is the same as the one in my Custom sedan.

My seat has coil springs that rest on a metal framework which goes all the way to the floor to support the seat. There is a space approx 4" deep just behind the front edge where the strips attach which runs the length of the seat. There are no springs in that area but there is a couple of minor obstructions. It might be possible if a heater was long and narrow it could fit in that area with one grill for intake and another for outflow. Don't see a dual stream working with that kind of seat.

If the LWB seat has zig zag springs and is supported on the floor with a similar metal frame arrangement as the other type but without the coil springs then a dual stream might fit between the framework. With the center air intake over the fan, not sure how the airflow would be directed with only the two grills on opposite ends of the seat.

With the single outlet on head and inlet at water pump I believe all the heaters are plumbed in series. That is the way it is done on the regular cars with the footwarmer getting water first and then underseat. I believe the option having heaters on the limo partition is plumbed the same way except I think there is a small unit on each side plus whatever is under the dash.

Posted on: 2016/3/5 19:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Bob and Howard; I read your posts and will add that a good friend has a LWB 47 which came with the little heaters that go under the back seat- see the blue seat picture. Dell

Posted on: 2016/3/5 21:13

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you remember next time you speak with him I'd be interested to know if he can say if the seats have the same coil springs as other senior sedans or use the zig zags. If coil type, is the heater a special shape and can fit under the seat or is the floor modified to accommodate a regular heater or is it located somewhere else and ducted to the grills in the seat bottom.

Posted on: 2016/3/5 21:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Howard; If I remember I will take several pictures when I see him Monday. Is email hanshow@comcast.net. Dell

Posted on: 2016/3/6 18:59

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That is the correct email and I would appreciate what info you could get. Kind of intrigued about how the grill arrangement can accommodate any style heater if it is under the seat -- and if the LWB uses the coil spring seat like I have in the Custom sedan even more curious how they do it.

Posted on: 2016/3/6 19:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Dell was kind enough to take photos of the LWB under rear seat heater. The seat has coil springs same as the other senior sedans. There is one small heater on each side which mounts behind the precut openings. Both are connected to the single switch in the middle. Parts only shows one set of trim strips for LWB seats so would wonder if the strips go under the grills or are cut off if heater is installed. It is hard to tell from the photo in the blue interior car posted earlier. Not sure where they draw the supply air unless like AC cars the seat is raised slightly and it draws from the small crack at the floor.

Attach file:

jpg  (111.21 KB)
209_56de2afec749a.jpg 1200X900 px

jpg  (105.48 KB)
209_56de2b0d22255.jpg 1200X900 px

jpg  (100.33 KB)
209_56de2b185e395.jpg 1200X900 px

Posted on: 2016/3/7 20:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved