Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
278 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 278

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Exhaust pipe and Transmission cooler lines
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I assume the need for such good alignment is for the starter motor gear to mesh properly with the flexplate?
Possibly the starter benefits but I think they are more so the Ultramatic is not cocked in any way when it is bolted down. Any misalignment with uneven holes or the machined bellhousing surface could distort the Ultra and lead to runout and wear in the torque converter shaft and bushings if it is not kept precisely centered as it enters the Ultra.

Posted on: 2018/5/31 15:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56Clippers
See User information
Quote:

kbess1107 wrote:
Wow , that is a beautiful paint job!!
Thanks for the picture. So if the breather tube and the tranny line bracket are attached with the bolt on the bell housing cover, what is that post for on top. The one where i hung the bracket in my pictures??

Thanks.

There is an alignment dowel pin, which is part of the lower cover, which goes into the hole where you have the post.

Posted on: 2018/6/1 13:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob E.
See User information
Thanks to you both.
I will get another pin and make it back to how it is supposed to be.

But, any advice on how to get the lower cover back into position with the exhaust pipes in the way? I'm not sure how I got it off last year but I am trying to find a way to get it in there without removing the exhaust pipes. I figure that if I do that, I'll end up having to replace the rest of the exhaust system.

Posted on: 2018/6/1 13:45
Bob
1955 Packard Patrician
Sapphire Blue
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved