Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 204

Todd W. White, BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Air Cleaner
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Motorcycles especially dirt bikes use foam filters. Motorcycle dealers sell special filter oil. It has a sticky consistency to trap dirt and it does not run off as easily as ordinary oil.

Posted on: 2011/4/9 14:24
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Those UFO's style air cleaners have an metal shaving based element that is sandwiched between two rings of "expanded" metal. Easy to pull those two rings apart and remove the metal shaving interior and replace with foam material. Oil the foam, and then you are all set. All long as you don't use a neon color foam, it should almost look stock to the causal observer.

Posted on: 2011/4/9 16:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Rich, I have the same non-oil bath air filter canister on my 1954 Packard Clipper Super 327c.i./165hp L-8. I found a WIX46094 at O'reilly Auto Parts (same as the NAPA 6094) that fits the dimensions of my air filter canister almost perfectly except for the height. The WIX46094 filter is about 3/4 inch taller than the original oil mesh filter that we have as orig eqpt. So,,,what I did was remove the domed top from my current canister and replaced it with a flat top..fits under the hood perfectly. I used an 8-inch diameter top from an old shipping pan from a fruit cake and sprayed it gloss black..drilled a hole for the fly nut, and secured it to the threaded spindle on the top of the canister. Looks good and car runs great. No more worn out oil mesh filter to deal with.

Posted on: 2011/11/16 19:03
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved