Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
203 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 203

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Lazy Wipers on a '51 Packard 200 Deluxe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Thanks still yet again, Howard. You really are amazing. I'll pick up a bottle this afternoon.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 14:30
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Neatsfoot oil was (is?) the classic lubricant for leather and was recommended by Packard for that purpose years back. You might also consider it - you can get it any of the better leather goods/boots and outdoor gear stores.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 15:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
while we're discussing wipers, any suggestions on where to buy new blades? The ones on my 51 flop over and just smear the water around.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 20:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think most of the vendors carry wiper blades and may even have the original style--although not sure I'd want them if old original rubber comes along with the package. For a modern style possibly available locally, RockAutohttp://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?a=NewsletterLink lists these as compatible but again, this is another of those one size fits all listings. I believe Big Kev was able to find something at Napa that fits his 54 and would probably fit yours.

Attach file:

jpg  (41.33 KB)
209_4dfab5dcd04b0.jpg 1075X361 px

Posted on: 2011/6/16 21:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
You can find the original "bump" style rubber blades for 1956 and perhaps earlier years at
http://www.classictbird.com/
Check out their online catalog and go to the
Windshield Wiper section
17528BLD Wiper Blade Rubber Only-With "Bumps" ......7.50
These are brand new manufacture.
They also sell wiper arms, etc.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 23:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Hi again, folks,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this but I ended up in the hospital again - I'm starting to need more work than my two Packards.
Anyway, I wanted to thank Owen, Randy, Fred and Howard for the help and guidance on my wiper problem. I used some of the Vacuum oil that Howard mentioned but I think the parts are just a little too far gone probably because I tried that Sewing Machine oil before I read Howard's post. I picked up another W/W motor on e-bay today and (assuming it doesn't work) will try the Vacuum oil or the Neatsfoot Oil mentioned by O-D.
Thanks to all once again. Took the '51 out today as for once, it wasn't raining. I love driving that car!!!!

Posted on: 2011/6/22 16:44
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved