Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

Europe Guy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 22 »

Re: Website
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I guess for most people, especially those big on social media, that's great but personally I prefer simply Like or Unlike.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 20:39
 Top  Print   
Laugh (1)

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well, you have a choice then!

Posted on: 2021/2/4 20:42
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes indeed! Thank you for all your hard work and it's nice to have all these new bells and whistles.

Incidentally, when clicking on new Forum posts, I am often taken to the top of the page or even occasionally to the first page of many when I had already read all of them except for the latest. I think this was mentioned shortly after the move and it seemed okay for a while but appears to have reverted.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 20:45
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Let me know if it's a consistent problem or there is a pattern to it. I haven't seen it personally. I'm just wondering if there a sequence or the way you are browsing the forum when there is a code path I haven't covered.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 20:49
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Okay, I will but it seems to do it both on my PC with Firefox and on my iPad, also with Firefox. Since Firefox follows most of the official standards (Internet Explorer is about the worst followed closely by Chrome), it is my preferred browser as a Web programmer.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 20:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
To add, when posting something new then pressing Submit, one used to be taken to that posting but now it seems to take one several higher. Also, when making a correction and saving the changes, it takes me to the top of the page rather than to the updated post.

None of these things are big issues but it is different than it was before so I thought you might want to know.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 20:55
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
When adding a new post, it appears it doesn't include the anchor tag in the page link. So that's why it takes you to the top of the page. I'll fix that when I dig into the code the next time.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 20:56
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As a programmer myself, I understood the reason but I wasn't sure what kind of control Xoops gives for this kind of minutia! No hurry so get back to your rest!

Posted on: 2021/2/4 21:00
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Forum module out of the box was missing all those tweaks. So I've had to code them in. But I am trying to feed those back to the open-source group that develops and manages it. Some have already been merged into the next build that is going to be released.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 21:06
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The "new post" issue should now be fixed. It should now scroll you to the correct position on the page after adding a new post.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 21:38
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved