Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 223

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Part Held For Ransom
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bob Gleason
See User information
Don,

Are you looking for a lawyer to quote you a price to write the letter for you?

Posted on: 2016/9/13 21:42
1937 Packard Six 115-C Touring Sedan
Built in Windsor, ON Canada
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I understand your frustration, but what I learned is that the best way out of a bad situation is the fastest way. Swallow your pride and move on, life is too short!

Posted on: 2016/9/13 21:48
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
Don- I am not licensed to practice in the state of California but you are getting your blood pressure up over a matter of principal. We in the profession advise that principal pays. If the other party is not responding to your calls, odds are better than even that they will not respond to a letter from a lawyer. People,who are not used to being threatened with suit may tremble upon receiving correspondence from a lawyer but those who engage in.these types of practices will use the letter for toilet paper or practice of their hook shot......and you will be charged for the time.
If you reside in the vicinity of the other party, most jurisdictions have small claims courts to deal with these matters. Other jurisdictions have a consumer protection department usually listed in the directory of state services.
All things considered, you have spent more time on this post that most clocks are worth.....assuming you value your time. If you need a restored clock and the price is right....pay the bill or waste time looking for a replacement and the aggravation of finding someone to restore it.
My mentor once advised that you must learn the difference between problems and inconveniences. A lump in your oatmeal is not the same as a lump in your wife's breast. It you do not learn to distinguish the difference, life gets too dramatic.
RJR

Posted on: 2016/9/14 2:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Just another sign of the times. Everyone is upset and disrespected with/by everyone else, including me. Sad state of affairs in this country.
We used to do business by word and with a handshake. That went out of fashion over the last decades of "global" cutthroat business.
Legal system is not helpful in these regards. If work was done, you'll have to pay, aka mechanics lien, if you want your clock back at this point. The 99% suffers for the 1% abuses.
eg; I was on the phone yesterday with a supplier, who sent the wrong parts in a kit and asked me why I didn't call sooner after I ordered the right ones elsewhere. I had, but he was "too busy" to answer the phone when I called and had to leave a message with the lady that answered the phone. So he thinks it's my fault he doesn't know what parts go in what make and year auto. No refund because I had to open the package to find out the parts didn't fit, which is his "policy". Not worth the argument, so I bought parts from others and his business will suffer. Fool me once...
signed,
A. Cynic

Posted on: 2016/9/15 8:17
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved