Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 224

todd landis, su8overdrive, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Wilwood Master Cylinder Conversion
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
54Les:

If you search for "Brake Fluid Reservoir" in the 55-56 Forum you will find a Packard accessory that would be the same as the Wilwood product. As you scroll through this thread there will be a source for master cylinder caps modified for adding a remote reservoir.

The thread mentioned starts on 05Nov17 . . . as yet I've not mastered how to attach a pointer back to another thread, but that's a challenge for another day.

dp

Posted on: 2019/1/21 12:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Wilwood Master Cylinder Conversion
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
David, thanks for finding the thread having replacement cap info. Here is the direct link to the pertinent cap postshttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=206731#forumpost206731

As to the factory remote fill accessory, as far as I know it has long been extinct unless one lucks into an ebay offering. I believe the aftermarket item sold by the fellow in Texas is the closest to a direct bolt in that is available today.

The blueprints for the factory item are all available and it would be nice if a vendor or even an individual someone could offer a repro but it must be that no one thinks there is enough demand to make the initial cash outlay and minimum quantity feasible. I believe Studebaker also offered something very similar with their under floor masters after the joining so between the two clubs one would think a few could be sold.

Posted on: 2019/1/21 13:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved