Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 199

jgrohn, Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Packard Merlin Engine V-1560
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Yes, If you go back to the posting I did of the aerial photos I wrote the following:

"The buiding with the white roof is Merlin Aircraft Assy. building. A street photo is attached. It was taken at the corner of Concord and what is now the service drive for the Ford expressway, looking to the southwest.

All of this is explained in issue #137 of The Packard Cormorant - Winter 2009 edition. This issue was devoted to the PMCC Detroit factory and is a wealth of information.

If you want a copy, then write to me. The Packard Motor Car Foundation has all the extra copies and they are for sale at the Packard Proving Grounds. I can make arrangements to get one shipped to you - cost: $15."

Earlier Owen-Dyneto mentioned that PAC still had he back issues available - that WAS true, but I arranged (for the Packard Motor Car Foundation" to buy up all the back issues of that specific edition and it is now a fund raiser for the restoration of the PPG.

Please send me a PM if you want that issue.

Thanks, --Roger--

Posted on: 2012/1/11 22:33
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bozonono
See User information
about 4 years ago i had the great opportunity to ride in a P-51. It was a fund raiser for the Olympic Air Museum in Washington State. It was an incredible experience. We corkscrewed across Lake Washington. Amazing, awesome and the ride of aa lifetime in yet another Packard. That experience pushed me to go to Reno for the air races. again, awesome

Posted on: 2012/1/11 23:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
The floor space requirement of the Merlin engine production necessitated several new arrangements. To enlarge upon the effect on the body production come ---> this way.

Click to see original Image in a new window
turn signal of a 1917 Packard Twin Six motorcoach

[picture source:http://aftonstationblog-laurel.blogspot.com/2011_05_01_archive.html]

Posted on: 2012/1/16 12:40
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved