Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

Don Shields, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Am I crazy? no one wants this car?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Howdy Gizmolannigan. I liked your Luke 14:28 quote, very apt.

Great hints have been written above, I'll just say a couple of words that relate directly to what you said . . .

It's important that the average restorer should first decide what he wants to end up with. For example, if you want to end up with a concourse or near concourse resto then virtually everything will need to be restored / rechromed / fixed. So buying a rarer model in somewhat poorer condition for a song might cost about the same when completed as buying a fairly good driver with a reasonably good chrome job and interior (- that will have to be re-chromed and re-trimmed etc anyway to meet the exacting standards of finish that you want).

I think research well, decide firmly what you want the end outcome to be, and certainly base that decision on whether you are dedicated enough to pay up big in terms of dollars and hours, well before you buy the car.

And . . . last but not least, get heaps of quotes and opinions on what everything costs! You want to enjoy the car, not mortgage you life for it.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 20:39
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved