Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 227

Karl, Darrell, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 29 »

Re: Carl's 1952 Packard 300
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Hey Carl,when do you think she will be on the road?Good luck on the power antenna. Mine is cast in gold,Platinum plated and Diamond studded.What color was your car originally? Brian

Posted on: 2009/6/16 21:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
I'll be driving it Thursday, the day after tomorrow. Those are the original colors - light green bottom dark green top. Thanks, can't wait to see your diamond encrusted antenna. Do you have special insurance to cover it?

Posted on: 2009/6/16 21:09
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
I wish I bloody did.Painful story really.Mostly not my fault either. Brian

Posted on: 2009/6/16 21:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
You will wonder what in "ELL" the auto companys have learned in 55 plus or so years.(ZERO)is the answer. I am sure you will find everything to be rock solid,And quite unlike anything you have yet driven. (I did any way.)Everything has a "Quality" feel like I cant explain.Too cool.And stone simple mechanically. Everyone that rides in her says the same thing. Enjoy. Brian

Posted on: 2009/6/16 21:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Would the dark green be Valiant Green?(Since I am too lazy to dig the book out to look.) Brian

Posted on: 2009/6/16 21:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Brian -

Upper is Gallent Green (darker) and lower is Aspen Green (lighter). Take a look at post number 191 on page 10 of my project blog...

Posted on: 2009/6/17 7:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
today I got the manifolds installed and the header pipe. the heat riser/temperature spring on the side of the heat box works fine, the counterbalance is up in the cold position.

the paint is TOO silver on the manifolds. not what I intended but sure is shiney.

installed the battery box and the parking cable. the rear brakes went on well, and I don't have a socket big enough or a torque wrench that goes over 200 ft lbs so I just cranked on the castle nut. I'll tighten it again after driving .

both front fenders are on now, as is the heater. my brother in law came over and fabricated brakets for the new tranny cooler.

my wife had free tickets for the twins game (vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates) so I'm enjoying the evening.

Posted on: 2009/6/17 21:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
I got the engine running, starts easy. The parking brake works like a champ, and the fuel pump rebuild worked well.

Things I noticed I need to fix now:

1. Water pump is shot
2. gap between intake manifold and exhaust manifold is large, creates quite a bit of noise - may try different manifold set from Eric
3. Tranny pan is still no good, replacement is on it's way
4. I think there is an oil leak around my brand new oil pan gasket. I may drop the oil pan again, get a new gasket, and check the pan for straightness. I used red RTV silicone on the gasket this time, what should I try next?
5. Still need to replace the pinion seal.

I'm frustrated that I don't get to take the car to the car show this weekend.

How's Branson? Any pictures yet?

Posted on: 2009/6/19 2:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I'd use Permatex High Tack gasket sealant on all the gaskets expect the head gasket.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 2:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm sure you'll get your oil pan leak fixed, but just a note if you remove it again. Often the constant tightening of oil pan bolts distorts the metal around the bolt hole, forcing it upwards with the result that the metal between the bolt holes doesn't make good contact. It's a good practice to use a hammer or other tools and re-flatten the perimeter of the pan around the bolt holes before reinstalling.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 8:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 29 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved