Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 200

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Vapor lock poll
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
In regards to O_D's #27 post: This is what I was thinking, and knowing which part of the fuel system is most susceptible to vapor locking would help in preventing or minimizing it. As you point out, fuel in the carburetor bowl would not be under pressure and would boil-off if temperature too high. So, it look like the most benefit can be realized by addressing the condition between the tank and pump. This is why mounting an electric fuel pump as close to the tank is recommended - it is to pressurize the line. Often this is misinterpreted that an electric pump is better at "pushing" than "pulling". Now we know. Thanks.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/3/13 18:05
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Vapor lock poll
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Let's remember vapor lock isn't a new phenomonon in carbureted cars since the advent of ethanol in gasoline, though that may have caused to reach new heights. As far back as the early 30s Packard issued notice in a Service Letter about moving the tailpipe from the left side to the ride side to eliminate vapor lock caused by proximity of the fuel suction line and the tail pipe.

Posted on: 2011/3/13 18:56
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved