Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: '56 V8 production vs serial #s
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Returning to post #17 and the few following it in this thread, the date of plant closure was June 25th, the last car being Patrician 5682-4775. Thus it appears looking at the production dates for the last Caribbean convertibles, the next-to-last was apparently finished the day after the plant closed.

Another interesting bit of trivia on the 56 Caribbean convertibles is that apparently 36 were built for export, one being reconfigured for domestic sale after the order was cancelled. And of the remaining 35, 4 were exported in primer to Mexico. The biggest single export market was the Persian Gulf area with 3 going to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 1 to Kuwait, and 1 simply marked "Persian Gulf".

Other trivia, only 15 had AC, only 6 had wire spoke wheels, only 2 had rear seat radio speakers, and only 1 (#1021) had factory seat belts.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 9:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
Which two had the rear seat speakers?

Posted on: 2010/2/18 14:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Which two had the rear seat speakers?

According to the TPC article, #s 1019 and 1197. I'd very much like to see the installation because it isn't particularly obvious from looking at the rear compartment just how it would have been accomplished in the convertible.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 15:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
The build sheets do not specify which radio was ordered but the price sheet group code for RUA is Radio, Three-way tuning with Twin Rear Antenna and Rear speaker
All Packard models (except Caribbean Models) 129.00 168.00
Caribbean models (Less Rear speaker on 5699) Standard
Clipper Line Not Available

Posted on: 2010/2/18 16:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I certainly can't add anything more by way of an explanation, except to say the source data used for that article was, according to the author, provided by yourself.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 16:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
Which issue TPC is that in I did not retype the data for the article that was done by someone else and may be a typo

Posted on: 2010/2/18 17:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
I looked recently at a very late Clipper Deluxe, approx within the last 135 or so made...it's number was 5640 5580, with the last Deluxe recorded being 5640 5715 according to Dawes, so I'd surmise it was built in June, and perhaps in the last week or 2 before the end on June 25...were a mix of models run most days, or did they tend to be made in batches? Be interesting to pinpoint the build date on one so late.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 17:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No. 48, Autumn 1987. It does say the raw data came from you, but it does indeed cite another individual who edited it for presentation so perhaps there was a typo. If so, it would be very important to those of us who use that data and accept it at face value to have the error come forward and be corrected. We'd all appreciate your making whatever corrections are needed.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 17:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
FYI:
Re: 5699 1269.

From Packards International Magazine SUmmer 96, vol 33 #2:

"...built on the last thrursday that packard built cars, June 21 1956."

NOTE that the article erroneously states the VN as 2699-1269 and not 5699-1269.

It is a paragragh containing the above information on page 27 that at one time lead me to believe that all Convertibles were built LATE 56. As Owen has indicated a few months ago in another thread, my belief was false.

Either way, the publication above was an issue mostly deedicated to Caribs. Worth haveing for Carib fanciers.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 18:10
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Also in the same publication on page 23 indicates "the very last Carib" in white/orange. Owned by an unamed Dr here in Tn. No other info given about the car. And the article/pics are somewhat confusing the way they are layed out. Good mag issue to have tho.

I saw this car back in 87 prior to any personal Packard ownership of my own.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 18:16
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved