Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 196

DavidM, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Dedicated Grievance/Complaint Thread
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just as an administrative note. PeterG requested that I remove his account here, so because of that, you will see any of his past messages are now listed as "Guest" as the user. I just thought I would point this out if anyone wondered why the posting author changed.

I wish PeterG well in all his endeavors.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2008/7/8 22:43
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
You mean it's possible to remove a user without removing his/her posts? From past experience I didn't know that was possible! You're one heck of a programmer Kev!

Posted on: 2008/7/8 23:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Eric, BH and others who posted in the old Classics forum this will bring joy to your heart.

PAC's Dr. Joseph Goebbels ie Marshall Katz is stepping down as PAC"s webmaster September 1, 2008. No great lose with that happening.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/7/11 19:26
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dongle
See User information
Packard53;

That comment is as repugnant as similar ones found here.

Posted on: 2008/7/12 6:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

Packard53 wrote:
Eric, BH and others who posted in the old Classics forum this will bring joy to your heart.

PAC's Dr. Joseph Goebbels ie Marshall Katz is stepping down as PAC"s webmaster September 1, 2008. No great lose with that happening.

John F. Shireman

John, That is a very rude comment. How can you compare Mr. Katz with Jos. Goebells, or is this just another example of "satire"? I disagree that it is no great "lose"(sic). Marshall has done an excellent job with the PAC site and I am sure he will be missed. It has it's shortcomings but is nevertheless an excellent site to gather information on Packards. I visit the PAC site almost every day and before this site was created it was and continues to be a valuable resource in restoring and maintaining my Packard. I can't thank Marshall and the PAC enough for the help that they gave me.

Posted on: 2008/7/12 8:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I second Clipper 47's comments. The PAC site is a tremendous asset and much hard work went into it's generation and upkeep. It has material not available here and conversely there are things here not available there.

In an ideal world, the best features and items on all the Packard sites would be combined into a resource that would be the envy of any marque (BigKev's slowly getting there anyway, but it would be much faster).

Posted on: 2008/7/12 8:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I never used the PAC chat or Classic Car forum so I wouldn't know.

Posted on: 2008/7/12 11:46
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Gents,

Even thought this is the Grievance/Complaint thread, lets make sure we are keeping the name calling in check. All anyone does by that is get people on the other persons side and then the issue being discussed becomes nothing more than background noise.

Now personally I used the PAC-Site as my primary reference before we started building all the content up around here, and I think as a static reference that it has served it's purpose well and still provides lots of good information that other marquee specific websites still have not matched. Only problem I ever had using the PAC website was that a few times in their forum over there, someone was looking for specific information and I sent them a link to an article post here, and I got a "nasty gram" from Katz, and the message was deleted.

So that was really the last time I particpated over there. I wasn't looking to lure away their users, I was just trying to help someone out that was having a problem with their Packard, and I happened to have the content on the website here to help them. Just as we do when someone is looking for info over at the AACA forums, and one of us posts a link over to something over here.

Now I am sure PAC has established some kind of "Terms of Use" for their forums, and they do not what people pimping products and services and then linking to those on PAC Forum. But the information here is free. So I just couldn't understand why they would censor me for trying to help someone get their car running.

Anyway thats my

Hopefully I got the my side of the debate across, and I did it without any name calling! Mom would be proud!

Posted on: 2008/7/12 12:05
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Kev, I recall once having referred a PAC forum query to this site and didn't get any negative response from Mr. Katz and as far as I know the link was not deleted. I will search my postings on the PAC site and see if I can locate it. As far as Mr. Shireman referring to Mr. Katz as a Dr. Goebells that could be construed as a compliment since Herr Goebells was a consumate propagandist. It was his ideology that was so horrendously evil not his talent at swaying minds. A poor analogy in any event not unlike the Hitler and Stalin "satires".

Posted on: 2008/7/12 12:16
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Perhaps their rules have changed or they no longer view the website here as something commercial. This was pretty early on when PInfo was in it's infancy. Or perhaps because you are a long time user of their forum they didnt worry about it too much. Not sure as it has been a long time since I posted over there.

Posted on: 2008/7/12 12:22
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved