Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 225

BigKev, moodydavid16, Tobs, Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »

Re: Ebay Search - junk vendors removed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan Phenicie
See User information
Does anyone else find it annoying to log in to ebay, then have to enter a 'security' verification code to ask a question of a vendor?

Posted on: 2010/12/13 11:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
YES!!!!!! eBay has added other annoying and unnecessary features recently too.

Such as the "contact us" process is difficult. Even C'List is getting annoying with new rules.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 11:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Apparently eBay does not pay much attention to the questions asked either.
For over 10 years I buy or at least bid on EVERY auction that is listed for one particular item. 90% of the time i have to ask the seller the SAME 2wo item detail questions i've had to ask other sellers every time over the years.

Contacting eBay to require the very simple detail described in the auction has been unsuccessful.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 12:20
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan Phenicie
See User information
Sometimes I ask a question just to test the seller and get a sense of whom I am risking my money with. If I get a strident or wise guy reply then I will do without their goods and services. Sometimes it is easier to retreat to my shop and fab the part rather then feed someone's high priced ego.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 13:23
 Top  Print   

Extraordinary response to an eBay query
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mark Buckley
See User information
It's late January 2011 and I was looking at this eBay item--1939 Packard Sedan Super 8, which is really a convertible. URL is here:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?_fxd=1&_sop=10&_cat=6389&_pcats=6001%2C6000&_rkw=packard&_dct=1

I notice the seller has set a minimum bid of $85,000. I also notice that all the posted photos of the car were taken in October, 2008. I send the seller, "buy_it_now_classic_cars," an email, politely suggesting that he would probably have better luck selling the car if he posted recent photos.

This is his response, verbatim and in its entirety:

"Fuck u get in a plane dreamer

Sent from Marc's i phone, excuse if any typos"

Posted on: 2011/1/29 20:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Extraordinary response to an eBay query
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
I'd report him and his "response" to e-Bay and file a complaint.

And YES, I too find the "security code" a pain. No matter how careful I am, it will never "take" the first time.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 21:24
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Frank
See User information
Don't let it bother you. Your advice was good. To respond that way, he sounds like he has some personal issues. The number of stressed out people seems to getting worse with a poor economy.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 22:44
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Master Packard search list:

Filtered Ebay Packard Search

This is a filter eBay search which filters by key word, not seller. On the main eBay Main site it return about 95% Packard related items. 99% on the eBay Motors Site.

Once you click on the link above, just click "eBay Motors" on the left hard category screen if you only want to see those items.

Regards,

Posted on: 2011/2/3 14:42
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

CPD-Support
See User information
Thanks for providing a very convenient way to filter universal automotive items out of eBay search results - very cool.

With more than eighty-three thousand 99.3% positive feedback ratings on eBay and being completely US-based, I don't think CarPartsDiscount.com falls into the "scammer" category along with some of the above listed sellers, but I do appreciate the need to separate the wheat from the chaff.

For anyone interested steering & suspension components for Packard vehicles, I'd recommend selecting the year and model of your Packard on the CPD web site, then go directly to the Steering & Suspension category. There you will find a nice selection of quality components from Rare Parts of Stockton, California, without having to sift through pages of sport compact car "racing seats" and "HID/LED kits" for everything under the sun.

My intent is not to spam the forum, and only post this to illuminate CarPartsDiscount.com's honest business practices (after being lumped in with some unsavory outfits) and to help PackardInfo.com forum members find the steering & suspension parts they need, at the lowest price.

We're regular car guys and gals who wrench on our own cars and trucks, so we know where you're coming from. We don't carry everything and have to buy parts from our competitors for our personal projects, so we know the difference between good sellers and those who deserve a kick in the shins. We do our very best to be one of the good guys, and treat everyone fairly and how we'd like to be treated when we're buying parts.

Thanks for your time guys, drop us a line anytime M-F, 8-5.
- CPD

Posted on: 2011/8/19 18:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Thank you BigKev for the link that you have set up for "Packard parts". I went to your link on ebay, saved it in my "saved searches" and threw out my own Packard parts searches. Ain't it just grand
Regards.........

Posted on: 2011/8/23 12:15
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved