Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 224

BigKev, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: Interior restoration question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
On Kanter.com I type in Packard Year 1954 and gives me these options in Leather and Vinyl Trim.

Attach file:

jpg  (7.76 KB)
3217_4d15a5f00db9f.jpg 383X355 px

jpg  (8.72 KB)
3217_4d15a60983acf.jpg 383X355 px

Posted on: 2010/12/25 3:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
And what I desire is this, but in a more lighter mint green color. : What my best option?

Attach file:

jpg  (78.09 KB)
3217_4d15a6d9ada50.jpg 1200X900 px

jpg  (113.00 KB)
3217_4d15a7f4f3165.jpg 1200X900 px

Posted on: 2010/12/25 3:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There are many companies that supply OEM-colored leather and fabric, such as SMS. If they don't have it, there are many leather suppliers that can custom-dye to match nearly any color you want, Bill Hirsch to name just one of many.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the seat upholstery buttons are correct in your pictured interior.

Posted on: 2010/12/25 9:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
While looking at leather places, saw this link. Shows a leather seat from a Rolls R, and steps to change color of your leather. What do you guys think about this?

http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/How-To-Change-The-Colour-Of-Leather-Car-Seats.htm

They ask for finish required. Either
Mat
Satin
Gloss
At a stab in the dark, original is Mat ?

The chrome colored bits on the seat surround, are they easy to remove?

Posted on: 2010/12/27 2:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
Regarding leather headlining material, when my motor trimmer son-in-law and I were doing the retrim for my Patrician (cloth and leather), I asked about the possibility of redoing the headlining in matching leather and his response was that leather would be too heavy and most likely sag before too long. Therefore, as my grey brushed cotton headlining was in pretty good shape, we decided to leave it unchanged. The previous owner of my car is of the opinion that this headlining was not original but I can't remember what he said was. By the way, we picked the leather upholstery colour by matching swatches to the vinyl front door window trim (dash extension). Cheers, John

Posted on: 2010/12/27 20:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
I would love to get my hands on a sample of Bellevue Green leather or cloth, sure would solve many problems.

Also, the pic above of the green and cream color seats, was this two tone color design the same in all 54 conv models, be it red or what ever color?

Posted on: 2010/12/28 2:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Ross, is This similar condition to one I'm getting, apart from heat mark that is?

Posted on: 2010/12/28 7:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
No way close. Look carefully at the pictures I sent you. We are talking a 57 year old greatly neglected convertible here. Plan on redoing every square inch of the interior.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 14:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Ok Ross, I understand. I take it it still can be saved with hard work? I was hoping that perhaps using re dye kit may help me salvage the seats? Or no option but new leather?

Posted on: 2010/12/28 15:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Just to get an idea, a complete new interior in leather in my '56 Olds 98, I'm looking at near 10 grand US$. A resto on a '50s car can easily exceed 35-40K$ today. It is ALWAYS far cheaper to buy an already restored car or one not needing a re-do in the first place, believe it.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 18:14
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved