Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 210

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Trans fluid change: What else to do?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Patgreen, How many miles are on the trans???

Posted on: 2012/5/27 6:55
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information

No idea when or if it was rebuilt.....

Are we talking total rebuild or lesser repairs. Not interested in being excessively cheap...but do have to be somewhat frugal....

In other words, when I get it fixed, I want it fixed---I', m not interested in delaying the day of reckoning by three weeks.....

Posted on: 2012/5/27 13:09
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I am still running the '54 Gear Start in my car, but I currently do not have an operable direct drive lockup because of worn bushings. Still drives ok, just no DD lockup. The plan is to rebuild the '56 Twin-Ultra I have onhand and replace the Gear Start with it.

Posted on: 2012/5/29 16:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I would not put the gauges inside the car. The correct practice is to tape them to the windshield (the manual notwithstanding). A while back I fixed an Ultramatic that had previously blown a trans line inside the car. No matter what I did the inside of the car looked liked tranmission fluid. The problem with the trans had nothing to do with pressure and everything to do with a Packard TSB.

As for running cars on jack stands I don't like that for anything other than testing if 4WD works or low speed noise. If the pump pressure or high range clutch is bad you don't need to turn the wheels, but for the groaning you want to see the pressures during fault mode.

Posted on: 2012/5/29 19:35
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
On mine the pump pressure was fine, just too much of it leaked out before it could be put to work on the DD clutch. With the car on jack stands and running, it would actually engage the DD clutch, just not under the load of the car itself.

Basically just bad bushings.

Posted on: 2012/5/29 19:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Hi Tim,,

I am planning on using electric senders, might not be as accurate, but will get me in ball park. its mainly for looks, most likely will but tee in and do what my dad did..

rik

Posted on: 2012/6/2 1:41
Riki
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved