Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 218

Nevada56Hudson, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Am I the only person to be amazed by cars for sale on Facebook?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Several interesting Packards listed there. I presume it is another free alternative to Ebay. Wonder if it will do anyone any good relative to Ebay......mostly because an auction more or less forces you to make a decision by a specific point in time....

Posted on: 2012/6/19 0:14
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: Am I the only person to be amazed by cars for sale on Facebook?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Nobody finds this worthy of comment? I'm going back to the monastery for contemplation.....

Posted on: 2012/6/19 19:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't use facebook so can't comment.

Posted on: 2012/6/19 19:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I find no value whatsoever in using Facebook (or Twitter). When it comes to online pursuits, I get everything that I need, and more easily, from previously existing utilities. I don't bother with instant messaging, either.

Personally, whether selling or buying on eBay, I like that an auction forces someone to make a purchase decision by a specific time.

Posted on: 2012/6/19 21:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Didn't know FB had classifieds.

Posted on: 2012/6/19 21:29
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I didn't know FB had classifieds either. I mite check it out sometime but i'm not a big FB, tweeter or Linkedin fan either. What about U-Tube????? That ones my favorite but i can't get U-Tube to work on this junk 'puter and ISP i use.

Posted on: 2012/6/19 22:34
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Example?

Posted on: 2012/6/19 23:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
PackardV8 wrote -

Quote:
What about U-Tube????? That ones my favorite but I can't get U-Tube to work on this junk 'puter and ISP i use.

Streaming video (or even audio) was always a bit of a PIA for me with dial-up access; I hate sitting there drumming my finger while the player buffers the feed.

However, there's now too much other crap hogging up bandwidth for me to access most any video online. I don't bother with most video unless its truly instructional (e.g. - tools, equipment, and techniques).

Lay your hands on a laptop with wireless network adapter and find a free WiFi hotspot. However, know that connection speeds vary. Also, I've found that public libraries offering WiFi block all video - understandably.

Posted on: 2012/6/20 8:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Quote:
" know that connection speeds vary. "
Yes, that's the problem. Extends to Cell phone coverage too depending on carrier. Rural areas and very small towns just don;t get top of the line service.

The best coverage for cell phones in one region of US (rural or otherwise) does'nt hold in other regions. Briefly it was explained to me by an ATT rep that it depends on the the cell tower. Many different cell carriers mite use the SAME tower. But their equipment on the tower are all at different heihgts. The best one at the top.

As for libraries it amazes me that such an obsolete resource is even still in existence let alone building/improving new ones. What for?? Bricks and morter libraries have become a kind of a bridge to nowhere in reverse. So their I'net access is a moot point in view of home 'puters and even the WiFi. I recently tried to donated about 37 books (VERY NICE HARDCOVERS) to library. After the librarians song and dance she only wanted 21 of them. Fine by me. But quite frankly the library WAS a great resource (tho very oppressed) but so WAS slide rules and buggy whips at one time. Go to one ask for an "unpopular" publication.

Posted on: 2012/6/20 9:16
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
As for libraries it amazes me that such an obsolete resource is even still in existence let alone building/improving new ones. What for?? Bricks and mortar libraries have become a kind of a bridge to nowhere in reverse. So their I'net access is a moot point in view of home 'puters and even the WiFi. I recently tried to donated about 37 books (VERY NICE HARDCOVERS) to library. After the librarians song and dance she only wanted 21 of them. Fine by me. But quite frankly the library WAS a great resource (tho very oppressed) but so were slide rules and buggy whips at one time. Go to one ask for an "unpopular" publication.

In view of the proven reliability of all information on the internet, your librarian should be a great ally in filtering fact from fiction. Doesn't mean they know everything, but most are very good at filtering. In the digital age, they have become sentinels of truth.

As to being pissed when they didn't want the books you were trying to dump on them...they usually know what they need and can best use. I served locally on the library book sale and I can tell you that the books people value the most are 90%+ trash. Of course income from the book sale helps, but even at the end many books that are someone's treasure are unwanted at any price. Profit from the free reality check and move on.

Posted on: 2012/6/20 12:00
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved