Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 238

flackmaster, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

4 barrel caburator info needed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gregor
See User information
hello
i wonder . i have a 4 barrel caburator carter .
is there a standart way to ajust it . becurse i thinks its running to fat .
some one sayd to me . you screw both screws complette in and then turn it 2,5 times out . is there a stanart way to ajust the cabuartor .
thanks
gregor

Posted on: 2012/7/1 15:59
1938 chevrolet Sports Coup? 1953 packard patrician 400
 Top  Print   

Re: 4 barrel caburator info needed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
If it is running zu fett bei Leerlauf then you adjust the two screws at the base of the carburetor. The 2.5 turns is a good starting point, but I suggest you adjust them using a vacuum gage or carefully by ear for the best idle.

If the car is running all the time too fat (rich) then there are many other things to check: that the choke is fully opening, the fuel pump pressure (max 0,25 bar), float level, and the metering rod adjustment. Those last two are described in the manuals.

Posted on: 2012/7/1 17:30
 Top  Print   

Re: 4 barrel caburator info needed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
I'll let Gregors 'skeleton out of the closet' Cyl number 5 is not building any compression. Even with 2 teaspoons of motor oil in the cyl there was no compression, so looks like a valve is hanging, or bent. We poured a mix of acetone and ATF into the cyl to try and free things up, and will let it sit for a day or two.
Feels like what happened to my engine a few years ago, but I hope the rings are not broken.
So, cyl is soaking in snake oil for a while, and will try a compression test again in a few days.....
Doesn't look too good. Cyl head will come off next if penetrating oil doesn't help....

cross your fingers for gregor it is only a stuck valve.

Posted on: 2012/7/3 14:55
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved