Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 208

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

28- rocker arm shaft
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
today i disassembled one of my rocker arm assembles, the shaft was not held in one spot-it was free to turn. i have seen a post on this before, but don't know how to find it. i know the oil comes up the pin that goes into the cambearing support-or that is what i believe, to lube to rocker shaft. however could not understand how the oil got into shaft. a little help if possible. thanks dell

Posted on: 2013/1/16 21:34

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: 28- rocker arm shaft
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hi Dell,

I don't know anything about the rocker arm shaft for a '28, but I see you posted from Sacramento...would that possibly be Sacramento, CA? If so, I would like to meet up with you and learn about your project (interpretation: pick your brain to see what you can teach me). I am on a steep learning curve, working on a '29 Seven Passenger Sedan and I take every possible opportunity to meet people nearby who are knowledgeable in this field.

I hope I don't seem selfish, but I have already met a few people in or near Sacramento who have saved me hours of frustration and countless dollars by sharing their knowledge.

I keep thinking that someday I will be able to say something to an old car guy that they didn't already know and actually consider helpful. In other words...I am not at the point in my education where I am able to give back, but everybody I have met has contributed to my knowledge.

John Wogec

Posted on: 2013/1/17 12:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
On the ends of the rocker shaft housing are holes that line up with holes on the crankcase. The oil enters through those holes.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2013/1/17 13:11
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
There is a TSB on this topic. The oil gets into the shaft by virtue of the slots. However, Packard recommended a certain position for the shaft. If I can find he bulletin I will make note of it.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 14:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved