Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 212

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Pullman Bodies
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Thank you everyone for your contributions to this discussion.
Naturally my own special interest is in Type 222 Four passenger Coupes (given that the fourth passenger would have had quite an uncomfortable ride) That is especially the late 1923 Production cars.
What with everything else I think that it is simpler to just say that my car had a standard Type 222 body. What it is now, people will no doubt argue about for the next 90 years.

Bj.

Posted on: 2013/1/22 5:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
David M and Bernie J: Here's a little more info, again paraphrased from the C. A. Leslie article, but again it's pretty hard to summarize 10 pages of info into a couple of paragraphs.

A list quoted by Art James in the 1983 PAC News Bulletin notes 9921 Pullman bodies actually made which is more than the 8800 Model 116s. The 116 proved particularly hard to sell, even held in distain in it's own era, and the contracts with Pullman were apparently renegotiated several times with likely cancellation of some orders and perhaps modification of others (there are some quotes from Board meeting minutes on this). Also, some 116 bodies were apparently made by Anderson Electric (perhaps subcontracted from Pullman?), later absorbed into Murray.

Since we 3 seem to be the most interested in this topic, if you don't already have them why not PM me with your snail mail addresses and I'll photocopy and mail the two articles?

Posted on: 2013/1/22 9:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
I haven't posted on this topic, as I have nothing to contribute, but I am greatly enjoying the conversation. I vote for continuing the public discussion.

Cheers,

Tom

p.s. Of course, I am a certified nerd.

Posted on: 2013/1/22 13:00
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Thank you O-D I have sent you a P.M.

Bj.

Attach file:

jpg  (173.62 KB)
2754_50ff19a8c4eb1.jpg 1181X886 px

Posted on: 2013/1/22 17:56
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved