Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 197

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Some 1934 1104 details
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Quote:

34PackardRoadsta wrote:
PackardBerry,

Thank you for the information. Do you know if the aluminum fans were used in 1934?

Cheers,

Tom

I have a '34 '8' and a '34 su8. Im sure the 8 fan is orig. car was in unrestored cond when i go it, it is stl and thus painted black. Have photos of the su8 in sad unrestored condition in the 70s and it shows an Alum bladed fan.

Parts Book calls diff numbers for 8 and su8
8 207571
su8 209000

Bottom line is i would say the 8 got stl blade and the su got the alum. as standard. PLUS ive worked on many 8s and su8s over the yrs and this is the pattern. Back of my mind the su8 r a little larger in dia.

I believe these fans were a vendor item because ive found the exact fans on other brands.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 9:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Some 1934 1104 details
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
After looking at some further photos of what appear to be unmolested 34 Eight and Super Eight engines, I think I need to retract my earlier conclusion and agree with Packardbarry. No question that the Eights were steel-bladed and they and the Super 8s had different part numbers, but I now believe based in part on the photo below that the Super 8s may well have had aluminum blades. And no, it's not the right air filter and the distributor is missing and the fuel routing is obviously wrong but major details it appears to be quite authentic.

Attach file:

jpg  (30.73 KB)
177_511518632de9d.jpg 500X334 px

Posted on: 2013/2/8 10:24
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved