Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 216

R H, JohnCB, TxGoat, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

56 Caribbean for sale in Netherlands
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I thought this subject was raised already, but couldn't find it. This car seems as though it sits very high??

Attach file:

jpg  (86.69 KB)
23_517c013fb447c.jpg 802X770 px

jpg  (39.06 KB)
23_517c023ba7f9e.jpg 793X336 px

Posted on: 2013/4/27 11:48
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 Caribbean for sale in Netherlands
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Think this is the original threadhttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=121480#forumpost121480 and it does look a bit high. Could be lots of reasons so let the theories begin.

I'll start. Maybe the rear has helper springs or was in the raised position. The engine was taken out to start work on the car. After they got into the engine or farther along with the car, either expensive problems were found or his other car that he wanted to do came along so he decided to stop the work. Engine was still out of the car when the photos for ebay were taken.

EDIT. My theory may not hold up. Looking at the photo from the original Texas auction, it looks high there too. NEXT.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 13:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Since the car is high all the way around, your theory seems best Howard. The pics were taken with the engine/trans removed.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 22:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
Anyone have thoughts of what this thing is actually worth?To me it seems to be an expensive restoration even to make a decent driver.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 10:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
This car is in the Netherlands? I bet how it got there and who owned it would be a very interesting story. Even it is an expensive restoration project, when you take into account the very low production numbers of this model and year, as well as the prices being demanded in Hemmings Motor News, for instance; in the hands of someone who is experienced and competent, this car could really be a gem and quite valuable as well.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 18:06
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
Does anyone think that the owner in the Netherlands raised it to account for the fact that most of the Netherlands is under sea level and if a dike breaks or is breached, most roads would be under water??

Just my

Posted on: 2013/5/1 14:38
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

[size=x-small][color=000099][font=Georgia][url=https://packardinfo.c
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Do you realize that the lowest point in the Netherlands is 54 ft below sea level? Making your Packard higher doesn't help much

Posted on: 2013/5/1 18:47
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

supereight
See User information
Car was on bring a trailer some time ago in the US, car then appeared at auction in the UK a few weeks ago along with a 48 Chrysler with the same owner, the Chrysler woody hardtop sold the Caribbean did not, car probably on its way back to the collector/dealer in Holland. Not a big market for such a basket case!

Posted on: 2013/5/3 10:30
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Muir
See User information
I'm thinking a little of what 'builder' 50's chevy, ford or buick ragtops go for on ebay and any caribbean is an awful lot of car for your money. I think the price is a fair market value - not a bargain, but not horrendous either... if you DO want one it's the cheapest one out there!
Just my thoughts :)

Posted on: 2013/5/4 0:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved