Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
265 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 264

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Auto Transporter Recommendation
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I just purchased a 1947 Packard Custom Super Clipper sedan and need to get it from Santa Fe, NM, to Austin, TX. I want only a covered transport. I used the A2B company when I moved to Austin in December. They were very good. FedEx has been recommended by a local Packard owner who recently had his 1934 Roadster moved from Warren, OH. I would appreciate any recommendations from your experiences. Here is a photo of the car. Thank you.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.59 KB)
565_48bff3c498175.jpg 600X450 px

Posted on: 2008/9/4 9:42
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Auto Transporter Recommendation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
JW, beautiful car! I have used FedEx Transport with very favorable results as well as Exotic Car Transport based out of Florida with very good results. Everyone's experiences are always unique but both of these for me were positive.

Regards,
Robert.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 10:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Unless some things have drastically changed I would avoid the company whose name is the same as the document you hand to customs officials when traveling to foreign countries who are now owned by a well-known overnight shipping concern.

I like Reliable, they are top-notch professionals.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 12:55
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Scott726
See User information
JW,

I have had two cars shipped by Fedex auto transport, a 30' Chevy from upstate New York to San Diego and my 726 from Washington State to San Diego. The pickups and deliveries went smoothly and the cars arrived unscathed. Pricey though. I would use them again unless I could locate a trustworthy independent guy with a covered carrier that charged less.

Scott

Attach file:

jpg  (147.09 KB)
387_48c0260cf0f31.jpg 1200X800 px

Posted on: 2008/9/4 13:13
1930 Packard 726
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
I used DAS auto movers and it was a nightmare. The car came from Ohio to Calif and took over 30 days. I ordered covered transportation but found out it was setting outside in freezing snowy weather for weeks waiting to be transfered to other trucks heading this way. A leaky rear window caused minor damage in the trunk. I had to continually call and ask why my car wasnt moving. They made promises and kept very few of them. After finally getting the car delivered here i was amazed that the block wasnt cracked from the freezing weather. Luckly the old owner kept it full of straight anti freeze. I will never use them again.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 16:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
John,

Congrats on getting the car! It is a real beauty.

Tom

Posted on: 2008/9/4 17:23
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
RedRon--a 50/50 mix of antifreeze & water will keep your coolant from freezing down to sub-zero temps, it is designed to dissapate the most heat and protect against freezing at this mix ratio.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 17:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
JW,

Sorry, No insight on your hauler question.

I do, however, appreciate your Packard tastes!!!

Love them Ole Clippers!

DanL

Posted on: 2008/9/4 21:46
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Do NOT use State2State. I did and was sorry.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 23:11
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Thanks Mr Pushbutton but here in sunny southern CA. the only need for antifreeze is as a rust inhibitor. I don't allow her out to even play in the rain.
Tomorrow evening she's going to deliver my grand daughter to a school dance as requested then straight to bed in the garage. LOL

Posted on: 2008/9/5 1:43
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved