Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 211

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 28 Bijur Lubricator reservoir rebuilding services
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ray17015
See User information
The 5th and 7th series are all but identical chassis wise, other than engine related stuff of course.

Posted on: 2013/11/12 14:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
Just received the 1928 526-533-433 lubrication map from Bijur. They did not however have an overhaul manual or schematic for the one shot reservoir/pump assy.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 144.35 KB; Hits: 51

Posted on: 2013/11/13 12:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Glad to see that Bijur is still willing to take the time to provide information. This is the best I have on the pump, same as the copy on site here.

Attach file:

jpg  (78.41 KB)
177_5283c6f8c2709.jpg 1280X929 px

Posted on: 2013/11/13 13:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
I could not find the other drawing that you mentioned on the site. The one shown is not really legible and I can not see detail. Can you scan and e-mail me a copy? Also it appears different than the cross section shown in the 1928 standard service manual. Did they make more than one version of the single shot pump?

Posted on: 2013/11/13 22:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I could not find the other drawing that you mentioned on the site

Yes, I see that now. I guess that when I submitted the Bijur manual to Big Kev I left that one out because the quality was so poor. I could rescan, but that's as good as it gets - my document is a very poor multi-generational copy no better than what you see above. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Posted on: 2013/11/13 23:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Thanks very much. I emailed and within an hour they sent me a similar drawing for my car. Exactly what I needed. Not sure I have the right process for submitting stuff for the website. I have tried to submit a .pdf of the 1929 Owners Manual. I just sent off the Bijur diagram as a .PDF attachment to an email addressed to bigkev@packardinfo.com. hopefully he gets it.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 15:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved