Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

28 Bijur Lubricator reservoir rebuilding services
Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
Does anyone know of someone that can overhaul my '28 526 Bijur tank? I have sources for tubing and drip plugs but I am sure the tank needs rebuilding.

Posted on: 2013/10/30 8:47
 Top  Print   

Re: 28 Bijur Lubricator reservoir rebuilding services
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Is the reservoir not a glass jar or is that only on the 1935 &36 models?

Posted on: 2013/10/30 12:51
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
rrhorton, I inquired to Brian Joseph, owner of "Classic and Exotic" Restoration Service in Michigan, and here's his response.

If the reservoir has a lever which lifts the pump piston from the top, we can repair it. If it is one of the types that has a pull handle that extends into the passenger compartment with the reservoir mounting on the firewall, I cannot help, nor do I know who can.

I have one other possible place to check out for you.

BDC, the glass reservoir was used on the Type G (so-called "continuous") units which can identified by the vacuum diaphragm pump mounted atop the unit. Type G was used from 1936 back at least to 1933 and perhaps earlier. The earlier "push daily" single shot units were used at least thru 1930 but I'm a bit uncertain about the period between 1931 and 1933.

Posted on: 2013/10/30 14:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
I have the "one shot" system with the metal reservoir and the pull and release handle in the cabin. Classic and Exotic will rebuild only the Type G continuous lub system tank. I can find filters and the bottom cover but need to know if anyone can renew the pump handle assy. Packard service manual says special tools are needed.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

Posted on: 2013/11/2 11:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Anybody else have any suggestions?

Still awaiting responses from 2 other candidates that deal with Bijur units.

UPDATE- you might try the following, they both offer some services for Bijur units.

ODD PARTS AND REPAIR (CA)
707-939-1457 or
707-738-9661
Ask for Jim Simpson

AUTOMOTIVE RESTORATIONS (NJ)
908-236-6400
Ask for Steve

Posted on: 2013/11/2 13:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Steve did a nice job on my 32 Bijur. Unfortunately when I called him for other work, he would never return by phone call. I guess I didn't rate high enough on his list, but I called multiple times.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 1:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Best times to call Steve are the evenings, at the shop, about 7:30 - 8 PM when the crush of the day's activities are over.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 9:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Well I could never crack the secret code. His admin always tool my name and number but never a return phone call.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 12:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hi,

Can I ask for your source for drip plugs and tubing? I am at the same point for my 1929. Hopefully they are the same. Also, do you know the size of each drip plug for each location on the car? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted on: 2013/11/12 13:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Between Bruce Blevins and Classic & Exotic I believe you can get all the Bijur drip plugs, tubing, fittings, etc. I'm not sure how similar your car is to 7th series but here's the chassis plan for it and if you call and grovel a bit, you should be able to get Bijur to send you the chassis plan for your car, a friend of mine just got the 35-36 Bijur chassis plan from them a few weeks ago.

If you do get the chassis plan, how about sending to Big Kev to add to the Bijur information already available in the "Literature & Manuals" section.

Attach file:

jpg  (150.04 KB)
177_52826e4491bb0.jpg 982X1280 px

Posted on: 2013/11/12 13:07
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved