Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 217

humanpotatohybrid, Packard Don, Bingo, Out Islander, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Price advice
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
Paul, that car is gorgeous, especially the interior

Posted on: 2014/3/19 15:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Tinpan, that is one beautiful car. You have come across some pretty good deals, wish I could find some like that. The guy I'm talking to came down to $12,000.00, I'm wanting to spend around $10,000.00 or less if possible. Being a retired old geezer I have to be as frugal as I can.I'm a patient man, so I'll bide my time and see what happens. Your pics are great, thank you for posting them. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 15:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
You are welcome, I thought this would help you get some ideas on price points.

I have to go to Winchester to try to find the gas tank and a couple parts for my 39 that were left behind. I may try to look at that 49 while I am there and feel him out on price.... shoot I need to quit looking at it

Posted on: 2014/3/19 16:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I personally think this car is a steal at $12,000. I think this is a win-win any way you look at it. I'd say that if the gentleman selling it balks, split the difference and smile!

Posted on: 2014/3/19 16:23
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
49 Packard
Here's another that has been for sale for a long time. It's closer to your price point.

54 Patrician
Here's a Patrician, not sure how set you are on 49's. I don't know if he'll get what he's asking for this car but you never know.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 16:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
"I personally think this car is a steal at $12,000."
Which car? I haven't seen any pics of the on he's looking at.

Did I miss something?

Posted on: 2014/3/19 16:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Tinpan, yes you have given me lots of food for thought, thank you. Great video, just too short!! You have been a great help tinpan, I appreciate it. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 19:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
MrBumble, it may be a steal, I don't know that much about Packards yet. The owner has only said it runs and drives good. I asked him last October if it smokes, leaks or knocks but got no answer. I will ask some more specific questions and see what he says. If all is good with this car, I'd like owning it for sure. Thanks for your comment. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 19:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Many thanks for the kind words about my car, Tootie is a keeper! I went out and fondled the old gal after my last post!! :)

Posted on: 2014/3/19 21:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Go to Ebay and, under advanced search, click on completed auctions. then you can look at results from about the last month and see what sold and for how much.

Take a good look at what didn't sell; there are still a number of fantasies going about price.

Chances are that you will or should spend money on your "new" car to know the condition of it, to be sure it was recently lubed and is well lubed, filters are clean, fluids are full....

Posted on: 2014/3/21 22:26
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved