Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 222

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: I wish this weather would make up its mind
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Quote:
It's not a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - but much better - it's a Packard!

What you mean is that instead of a pot of gold incoming, you have a pot of gold outgoing....

Posted on: 2014/3/2 20:42
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Keith & Rocky46,

Thanks Rocky. I am blessed to have such a beautiful Packard and since I'm Irish by birth, I've learned that the pot o' gold is what we make out of our lives each day.

Keith, many homes here have "flat" roofs. Actually not flat, mine slopes to the rear of the garage and believe me it sheds plenty of water. So much so, the gutters get overwhelmed every once in a while during our severe summer monsoon rains.

Posted on: 2014/3/2 21:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
Our weather made up its mind back in October. Been cold ever since, nothing wishy washy about it. -22F this morning, March is looking great so far. 65 days out of 90 with below 0 temps this winter which "officially" just ended. I guess we're going for extra credit.

Posted on: 2014/3/2 23:05
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
3 degrees here this morning! I feel for you ha52, and everybody in the northern states, but you know that it can be that way up there, and you are prepared for it a lot better than we do.
I had penguins knocking on my door yesterday asking for firewood...

Posted on: 2014/3/3 8:36
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Saturday it was almost 50 here Sunday I got to remove 5 inches of global warming from my driveway and sidewalks. I assumed Randy and my Sunday cruise was cancelled. The good thing was I got to be outside in the fresh air have to keep positive outlook on things. When I opened my garage door to get out snow blower I think my Clipper had a little shiver go thru it chassis

Posted on: 2014/3/3 9:29
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A beast of a winter here in NJ as well. I winterized both Packards and put them to bed in late November and except for hooking up my trickle charger monthly, the only reason I've opened the garage door is to get the snow blower out. More days below 15 deg. F. than I can recall since I was a kid. My yard is still completely snow-covered, not a patch of lawn to be seen, and in less than 2 weeks our season starts with a St. Patrick's Day parade to participate in.

Posted on: 2014/3/3 9:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Dave, do you start them up a few times per month?

Posted on: 2014/3/3 9:59

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, I haven't this winter, all I've done is just an hour or two with the trickle charger monthly. My winterization is pretty comprehensive; tailpipes, carburetor air horns, crankcase breathers, etc. all closed off with baggies, tires given extra inflation, cylinders flooded with a little extra oil, a good dose of mothballs in the one with wool upholstery, etc. Years back I even removed the batteries and put desicant bags between the air filter and carburetor. Oil and other fluid changes and grease jobs are done in the fall so they winter with fresh lubricants. And I hate to start them up without also being able to give them enough of a drive (30 miles or more?) to thoroughly warm up the entire driveline. That said, most winters see one of them out on the road by mid-March.

Posted on: 2014/3/3 10:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Beautiful 90 degree weather here today, a perfect day to............sit inside.
40 mph wind with gusts as high as 65!!!
Its actually dryer than it was during the dust bowl!
the playhouse and swimming pool (if you can see it on the left) are only 30-35 feet away from the house!

Attach file:

jpg  (21.86 KB)
5061_537023c513f71.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 2014/5/11 20:31

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Wow, what part of Texas are you in?? It was hazy, a little breezy and warm down here near Corpus Christi... That's kind of scary!!

Posted on: 2014/5/11 20:50
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved