Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 227

DaveJr, Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

postwar Coachbuilt Packards
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The thread on the Monte Carlos and other Packard factory creations was so interesting to me and others and got such good participation, let me start another but this time I'll just broach the subject and see what photos and info others come up with. Let's stick to the postwar coachbuilt cars (though they are less coachbuilt than just gussied up factory bodies except for the 47 Clipper convertible sedans), all by Derham. I'll identify a few and let's see how good we are at filling in with pictures and information. (1) two 1947 Custom Super Clipper convertible sedans on extended wheelbases, (2) a 1950 Custom 8 sedan, (3) a 1951 or 52 formal Patrician, (4) several 1953 and 1954 Patrician formal sedans and formal limousines, and (5) the 1955 or 1956 Patrician formal. There are pictures that I know of of all except the last, though it has been seen by at least one PAC member (not me). Are there others? Let's leave the Packard Esquire for a separate thread as it really was a dealer creation.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 12:31
 Top  Print   

Re: postwar Coachbuilt Packards
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Never heard of a '55 or '56 Patrician formal. How did it differ from the production model?

Posted on: 2008/10/28 12:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Here's a cousin, it not quite so nice condition. And another (1953) in very fine condition, this one with a divider window.

Attach file:

jpg  (129.36 KB)
177_490762dab07ae.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (108.62 KB)
177_490763c34d393.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2008/10/28 14:07
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave,

The top picture is one that I took last year and that car is sitting in the back yard of Dan Yocum's house out here in Sylmar, CA. That car is actually a conversion and not a really a Derham. Dan filled in the rear windows with sheet metal and was going to convert it into a Derham, but it never got past the point you see it in now.

-Kev

Posted on: 2008/10/28 15:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Ah, a wannabe Derham. Thanks Kev, when I ran across that picture in my file I couldn't remember where it came from or those details.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 17:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Hartmann
See User information
not sure WHAT that thing is. Looks like '54 bumpers, but the front windshield trim puzzles me. Photo isnt clear enough to be certain, but that MAY be a '51-52 upper shell.

One possibility is someone put the bumpers and front clip from a later Packard ('54 ? ) on a '51-52'.

I rebuilt a couple of wrecked '51 - '52 Packards by using front clips from other cars - if anyone has what they THINK is a 200 convertible...could be one of my old ones...! (no such thing as a 200 convertible, far as I know 'cept for the ones I repaired with 250-300-400 front clips....!)

Posted on: 2008/10/28 17:56
If it has a red hex on the hub-cap, I love it
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Photo isnt clear enough to be certain, but that MAY be a '51-52 upper shell.

I don't believe so, the upper corners of the windshield are square and they were rounded on the 51-52 models weren't they?

Posted on: 2008/10/28 18:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The upper corners on the windshields on 51 & 52 are rounded.
The corners are squared off for 53 & 54 Packard's.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/10/28 20:23
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The picture that Guscha posted is of a 1951 or 1952 Packard Patrician with a 53 or 54 Packard grille.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/10/28 20:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Owen: Another Packard that might be added to your list of post war coachbuilt Packards.

In 1954 Henny built what they called the Super Station Wagon which could transport 12 passengers. Only one was built by Henney.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/10/30 20:09
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved