Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
247 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 244

Don B, jwblazek, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Heater Control Valve
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packick
See User information
Al:

Here is a picture of my heater hose routing. The upper heater outlet goes to the top of the water pump; the lower heater outlet goes to the engine's head.

As an aside, I fabricated a metal pipe that runs the length of the engine for the upper heater outlet hose rather than have a rubber hose draped over the engine. I did this mainly for looks. I used 3/4" copper tubing and had to make the brackets.

Hope this helps.

By the way, my car is a 1937 120.

Attach file:

jpg  (91.19 KB)
3468_54ddfc9f4a847.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2015/2/13 8:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is hard to visualize with only the side perspective so maybe there is a reason but did Packard cross the hoses? In that view I would have reversed the heater connections to make the hoses lay a bit differently.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 10:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packick
See User information
Function over Form.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 12:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
There is no increased function with the crossed heater hoses. An uncrossed hose layout would look better and there would be no loss of heating efficiency. Also, there is no valve on the cylinder head so there is a constant flow of coolant through the heater core. I do like the idea of a pipe from the water pump over the engine to the heater hose to avoid a drooping hose on the head. After all, it's all about looking good.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/2/13 12:32
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved