Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
236 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 233

DM37, Don B, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Transporting your auto
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

FREDERICK E WILEY
See User information
Any suggestions on a carrier to move a auto from Oregon to Florida. All I see are horror stories about "brokers". Some brokers pretend to be actual carriers but are not. I have spent a lot of time looking on the internet but I hope I can get a recommendation from someone here. thanks

Posted on: 2016/3/10 13:09
Fred in Florida

1948 Deluxe Eight Sedan 2262
 Top  Print   

Re: Transporting your auto
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I used intercity lines 2 yrs ago, and it was very professional; the communication, the arrangements, the delivery. And I got the car delivered for around a $1/mile. From my experience with them I can recommend them

Posted on: 2016/3/10 15:37
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Alvin14
See User information
Recently used Passport transport. Reasonable, prompt and courteous. Would very much recommend them.

Posted on: 2016/3/10 15:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I have used both carriers with the same results. Go directly to the carrier, not to a broker. $1/mile seems to be the going rate.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/3/10 16:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
get the Uship app or go to the website.

the carriers bid for your business. some are brokers, so you will just have to google them when they bid and find out if they are carriers or brokers. but even then some of the carriers will send the work to a 3rd party and still manage it.

I have my 37 limo coming soon. PAAVO transport llc is the one picking it up. I went with them because he is a small business man and not a large corporation. He works with his father. He has a 32' enclosed trailer that he pulls with a F350. I have his personal cell phone number and he always communicates whether email/phone/text. he is picking up my car this Friday and will deliver next week due to scheduling conflicts we all had to work out. He is storing it in his personal heated garage for me until he leaves on next Wednesday to deliver on Thursday.

He is insured as well. http://paavotransport.com/

he was 300 less then everyone else, he was under the $1 per mile. JW is correct on that number. The car doesn't start because of a dead battery and the back tires are low. he is bringing an air pump and will winch the car in the trailer. most shippers want it to roll or start.

I cannot speak as to the transport yet, but so far he has gone above and beyond what I have expected.

Posted on: 2016/3/10 17:19
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved