Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 224

BigKev, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Push Button Relay Water Trough
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Fran56
See User information
Hi All,
buttoning up some loose ends on the 56 Patrician. in the 25+ years that I have owned this automobile, the push button relay water trough(Service Counselor January, 1956) has been missing. there are 3 holes where one used to be.
It appears to have been a piece of sheet metal bent at a right angle and I was told, painted black. Not too difficult to construct.
Does anyone have the dimensions of this trough?
I would be most appreciative.
Thanks,
Fran

Posted on: 2016/4/14 11:28
 Top  Print   

Re: Push Button Relay Water Trough
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Unless someone beats me to it I'll get out in the garage this afternoon and get the measurements for you. I can't confirm the original color or finish, mine was painted over when the car was repainted.

EDIT: A simple "L' (right angle) shaped stamping. The base to fit full width in the fender trough; inboard riser height 1 inch; length 20-1/2 inch. Location starts 1/2 inch forward of the rear-most hood bumper rubber, thus it ends about 1-1/2 inches from the middle hood bumper rubber.

Posted on: 2016/4/14 11:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here's the Counselor article you mentioned which Packard provided when trough was introduced. Believe it is semi gloss black and hard to see in the photo but as I recall about 1/4" of the exposed leg is bent over and flattened to provide a smooth surface at the top edge.

Attach file:

jpg  (95.06 KB)
209_570fcc5d9f979.jpg 668X1268 px

Posted on: 2016/4/14 11:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That's interesting about the folder over edge, since my car was built just a few days before the plant closed I had assumed it was original to the car but it lacks the folded edge.

Posted on: 2016/4/14 12:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I wonder if they had more than one run of the things. My car is 1091 and probably a fairly early car. Maybe they found the extra expense of rolling the edge was not needed and the edge could be filed or smoothed instead.

Posted on: 2016/4/14 12:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Fran56
See User information
Thank you Owen D. and Howard, just the info that I was looking for. Now to get to work and get it done!
Fran

Posted on: 2016/4/14 13:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
On closer examination I see that mine does indeed also have the rolled or folded edge - just missed taking notice of it before.

Posted on: 2016/4/14 15:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
https://youtu.be/MvDq3BGbYpY

stuck this here, will be posted in blog later

Posted on: 2016/4/24 23:04
Riki
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved