Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Charging battery without removing seat
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Cronjie
See User information
I plan on storing my 41 110 this winter and putting a battery tender on to keep it up. I may just remove the battery and keep it charged outside the car. This got me to wondering, has anyone figured out a way to add a set of contacts or cables to charge or jump start their Packard without removing the seat?

Posted on: 2016/11/3 7:01
 Top  Print   

Re: Charging battery without removing seat
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
This was just discussed here last week. The simplist way is to make your charger connections under the hood, no need to add any cables or other items. The negative charger clip can be attached to the end of the negative battery cable as it terminates at the starter motor, and the positive clip to any convenient clean ground such as a head nut.

The only downside to this is that you miss an opportunity to check the battery electrolyte.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 8:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information

Posted on: 2016/11/3 9:45
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Cronjie
See User information
Very interesting. Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/11/3 12:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved