Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Manifold Drain Tube
Just popping in
Just popping in

Mike D.
See User information
Thanks for checking that out for me. My tube has the correct bottom piece, but I have not removed the tube yet to see if I am lucky and have the ball up in there covered with solder. Been chasing an engine noise in one of the back cylinders.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 17:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As the intake manifold drain tubes were later discontinued, you can do quite nicely without it. Just make sure the bottom end is sealed so there is no vacuum leak, and go pursue your engine noise as the priority.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 18:31
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Mike D.
See User information
I figure the drain tube has not been working for a real long tome (40-50 years anyway). What year did they discontinue the use of it on the 320 CID engine? Maybe they also figured out how to have less boil out of gasoline at that time too, with a better float valve in the carburetor. I'll check for a vacuum leak.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 19:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved