Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
247 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 246

John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1939 driver's side rear view mirror
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Is there more than one version of that 41-9 exposed screw Clipper based mirror or is the screw plate mounted incorrectly on that one? My 47 repro has the mirror base centered on the mounting strip with a screw hole showing on either side. I know the 50 version mounted differently but how about the earlier ones.

Posted on: 2017/1/20 15:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thank you Fred for going to the trouble of the pictures. I agree with you, that style will work fine and look good as well. You mention you sell them in pairs.... I have read in the forums that a passenger-side mirror on that body style (the '39) is ineffectual due the 'arrow' shape of the body and that to be utile, it would have to be so long it would look ungainly. Your advice? Re the used one, it's difficult to see the quality of the actual mirror surface; if it's not too 'splotchy' I might opt for that. (my car is a driver, not a show car) I can look up the new ones on your site, how much for the used?? Thanks again for your time.

Posted on: 2017/1/20 15:23
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Howard/Fred, good question on the mounting base. I can see the flat part that screws to the door in Fred's picture and it looks like it moves (as it appears slightly askew in the photo) and, as I can't see the second hole, I'm not sure how the swan neck attaches to the mounting plate. To your point Howard, the idea of the screws being hidden completely with maybe just an Allen screw on the stem assembly would be 'cleaner'. I am certainly not being overly fussy here though, my main objective is jut to get something that looks period appropriate, covers up my holes and is functional for rear viewing; something which I am REALLY lacking with only the small, interior rear view at this point.

Posted on: 2017/1/20 16:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
The glass is good, I wouldn't offer you any part that would not be functional, especially a safety item. As to the mounting holes etc, trust me, it's too complicated to explain.
Price $65 plus 15%

Posted on: 2017/1/20 17:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
No worries Fred, I do trust you. I'll take the used one. Appreciate your time and advice on this. What's best way to complete the order - do you want me to just call the store on Monday?

Posted on: 2017/1/20 18:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved