Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 218

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

OD Pics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tall Steve
See User information
all, I am doing an OD upgrade on my 53 Clipper. Need a few pictures. Need picture of inside passenger compartment that includes the lever /knob that engages OD. Want to locate correctly. Need picture of relay location on firewall. Any other OD pics you may have would be appreciated much. Thanks Steve

Posted on: 2017/6/17 11:52
Even the most difficult situations can be learning situations.

1953 Packard Clipper
1957 Chevrolet BelAir
2004 Chevrolet Corvette
 Top  Print   

Re: OD Pics
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Perhaps someone can take a couple of full straight on shots of the dash and firewall in an OD equipped car for you as I don't have any. Until then, here are a couple of partials showing the relay location and the knob location.

I believe the knob is under the drivers side ashtray or perhaps a bit more to the right. There should be some factory holes in the bottom of the dash where the bracket would mount. The relay would probably need the holes drilled in the firewall at the approximate location shown in the photo. The kickdown sw mounts approx 18" and almost directly under the relay in the round hole in the lower firewall bracket for the accelerator pedal linkage.

Attach file:

jpg  (89.03 KB)
209_59456e4ae2305.jpg 900X675 px

jpg  (66.67 KB)
209_59456e5a92722.jpg 1014X572 px

Posted on: 2017/6/17 13:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
There are dimples in the firewall just for drilling the holes for the relay. There are already holes in the bottom edge of the dash to hold the cable bracket.

Posted on: 2017/6/17 18:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I'm still trying to get my overdrive sorted out so I have a lot of pics on my project blog starting here Overdrive. My overdrive kickdown switch was missing so I am using a universal one.

Below is a pic showing the lockout knob location.

Attach file:

jpg  (117.67 KB)
508_594687846f238.jpg 1210X908 px

Posted on: 2017/6/18 8:29
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tall Steve
See User information
Thanks guys! I think these will work just fine

Posted on: 2017/6/19 18:24
Even the most difficult situations can be learning situations.

1953 Packard Clipper
1957 Chevrolet BelAir
2004 Chevrolet Corvette
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved