Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 225

Don Shields, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

vacuum line
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
there is a vacuum line that runs from the top of the intake manifold around the back of the motor over to the vacuum diaphragm over by the oiler jar on fire wall. On the passenger side of motor there is a fitting that is a tube line or maybe a hose. Where would the line go?

Posted on: 2018/4/7 12:50
 Top  Print   

Re: vacuum line
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Are you asking again about a '34 Eight/Super Eight?

If so, the hard line from the intake that passes behind the engine is the vacuum source for everything - it supplies the power brake slave cylinder, the Bijur oiler, the power brake control valve (small round unit near the Bijur), and the windshield wipers and all of this is on the driver's side. And all this is also connected to the vacuum booster pump. The power brake and Bijur connections should be pretty obvious, the windshield wiper line goes up the driver's side A pillar.

If need be, I can probably take a few photographs.

Other than the already discussed vacuum takeoff hard line at the intake manifold, the only other fitting/line on the passenger side that I can think of is the fitting at the rear end of the oil gallery that feeds the dashboard oil pressure gauge thru a small diameter nickel-plated line and then short rubber vibration isolating link on the cowl.

Posted on: 2018/4/7 12:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
Yes a few pictures would be very helpful of all vac lines and oil lines. Yes this is a 1934 eight Thanks a lot

Posted on: 2018/4/12 7:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Not much to the oil lines, out of the pressure relief valve to the bottom of the filter, and a return line from the rear of the oil cooler back to the pressure relief valve. Next time I have the car out in daylight with the camera I'll get you some pix of the vacuum lines.

Posted on: 2018/4/12 8:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
Thank you very much my phone number is 6054999419 would very much like to have a conversation with you jk

Posted on: 2018/4/13 7:01
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved