Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
242 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 241

Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

My Uncles 1930, 733
Just popping in
Just popping in

My Uncle's 733
See User information
My uncle is in failing health and has ask me to help him find a home for his beloved 1930 733 Coupe/ Convertible.
Now this is not a for sale ad by any means. What I need is some direction in regard to finding an owner for his car.

We have discussed Hemmings ads, auctions, etc. but he feels his car needs an owner such as himself that will love, enjoy, and respect not only the car but its history and the responsibility of being a classic pre-war Packard owner.

This is a tall order, but if any of the members here could offer some advice it will be most appreciated. The car is complete, original and has a very interesting history.

Thanks in advance!
Joel

Posted on: 2009/1/20 11:47
 Top  Print   

Re: My Uncles 1930, 733
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Joel,

Welcome
You have come to the right place for the best advice. Post away and could you PLEASE post and share some picture of the car with us?

Boy only if I had the room for another one.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 12:53
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I can really appreciate your uncle's feeling about a future home for his car, I've thought about this myself a few times and have considered such things as leaving it to one of the various Packard museums.

If you placed your ads in one or both of the publications of the two national Packard clubs, at the very least you'd know the ads were read by people who cared enough about Packard to support it's interest by joining a club and paying dues. But nothing is going to replace meeting with the prospective buyers first.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:23
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

johnoder
See User information
My Uncle's 733:

Please check your inbox and read your private messages.

John Oder

Posted on: 2009/1/20 21:48
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

gunnison
See User information
John, I corresonded with your uncle in Texas a number of years ago when he owned the blue 7-26 sedan. I am sorry to hear he is not well these days. Please remember me to him. I was not aware he owned a 7-33. Can you tell us anything about the car's history? Jim Pearsall in NJ.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 18:37
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

johnoder
See User information
Hi Jim:

Same old me.

The topic starter of this thread is the one with the uncle.

The 726 was sold in '96 and needs to be replaced.

Hopefully with one a little longer!

John Oder - who is old but still reasonably well.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 19:57
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

1935Packard
See User information
In my experience, the individuals who are active in local Packard Club chapters are the ones who are most likely to be the kinds of owners that you're looking for. So it might be worth contacting local Packard Club chapters to see if they know someone who might be interested.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 17:12
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

bob satterwhite
See User information
I am located in Texas, and might possibly be interested in bringing it to a good home, with my other 1930. I look forward to speaking with you.

My email is: bo_satterwhite@yahoo.com
Cell#: 830.832.4117

Regards...Bob Satterwhite

Posted on: 2009/2/1 18:15
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved