Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
246 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 244

DJP-37-120, John Newton, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Temperature gauge line to head???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The OD of the threads is 5/8".

Posted on: 2018/9/11 11:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Temperature gauge line to head???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thanks Ross - that is as I thought. In contacting both Wolf's and Roy Martin, I am advised that they can renew the gauge and sender to factory spec, including a new 5/8" follower nut, so I am okay. Thanks for the offer on the one you have; I'd have gladly bought it from you had I struck out with the repair options or decided to do it myself. For the reasonable fee that these guys charge, it doesn't seem prudent to mess with it. I will do the retap on the hole and hopefully get a nice set of threads out of the deal. I spent the day finalizing the engine detachment and am pretty much ready to lift it out. After it is 'on the hard', so to speak, I will tackle the drilling and tapping. Thanks again for weighing in on this... Appreciate ALL the responses.

Posted on: 2018/9/11 20:13
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved