Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 220

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1928 533 clutch issue
Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Quote:

Gar wrote:
Any idea where I can find the pilot bearings and springs?

I already have call Kanter and Max.

I am sorry if there was some miscommunication, but we have the pilot bearings available if you are still in need. But what spring are you trying to locate?

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2019/5/8 8:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
James:

I have found another source for the bearing.
Thanks for the reply.

The springs are on attached on the clutch pedal. I believe there are two of them.

Posted on: 2019/5/8 8:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
Folks--

Thanks for all of the suggestions on my clutch issue. Turn out I had a lube/fluid issue and also had to adjust the clutch pedal.

I might still have a pilot bearing issue, but will drive it around a bit before I tear into the trans.

Gar

Posted on: 2019/5/8 19:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
Final update on this issue...

Other issue was not a bearing issue after all but a shifter issue. The last owners that worked on the shifter installed it backwards. They also installed the clutch fork over an inch out of spec so they could get the shifter installed.

It now shifts like a Packard should shift. And if I pay attention to the sound of the motors RPMs, I can usually shift without double clutching. No grinding on this baby!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions

Posted on: 2019/8/24 17:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Glad to hear the good news. Kind of fun overcoming the challenge of shifting a crashbox once you get familiar with vehicle!

I guess it is no small surprise but it often seems that half the problem-solving on our old cars is undoing the errors and shoddy workmanship from the past.

Posted on: 2019/8/24 17:33
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved