Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

UPDATED DESIGN - White Glove Collection - OIL FILTER CONVERSION KIT
Home away from home
Home away from home

LOL
See User information
Hi all,

I wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday season and also to share this updated design for the oil filter conversion kit.

All the passages are self contained within the housing - no more fittings, hoses, etc...

I'm also going to start working on something for the vertically mounted filters.

Happy Holidays everyone!
-Crin

Attach file:

jpg  1.jpg (30.54 KB)
2652_63a72730a8fd2.jpg 1105X545 px

jpg  2.jpg (28.24 KB)
2652_63a7273acda35.jpg 1185X564 px

jpg  3.jpg (36.24 KB)
2652_63a72748d9b8d.jpg 1027X749 px

Posted on: 2022/12/24 11:22
 Top  Print   

Re: UPDATED DESIGN - White Glove Collection - OIL FILTER CONVERSION KIT
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
This earlier filter conversion design had an integral spin on element completely enclosed. Closely matched the original.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23872&post_id=232894

Posted on: 2022/12/30 9:22
 Top  Print   

Re: UPDATED DESIGN - White Glove Collection - OIL FILTER CONVERSION KIT
Home away from home
Home away from home

LOL
See User information
Yes it did. I had one of those and it was still a pain in the rear to change the oil because you still had to unbolt it, remake the gasket, split it open and get a whole lot of oil everywhere.

What I designed allows you to just unscrew the filter like on a modern car. No umbolting, no gasket making, no mess.

From the top of the engine bay you can't see the spin on filter. It looks just like the original. It's a much better design than the earlier one that houses the filter inside it. What a mess that was to change... Ugh...

Posted on: 2022/12/30 19:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved